• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Keep a pedo in jail

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by moXJO, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Faramir likes this.
  2. Faramir

Faramir Very New Investor

Sign it already. The only thing more cruel than the death sentence is letting these #%%}#%#} live, consume food, water, air and have accomodation whilst victims families suffer for the rest of their life. It is not fair that they get everything granted to them and no one is allowed to say boo to them.

3. satanoperca

satanoperca

I feel sick. Cannot comprehend the suffering the family has been through.

This is a case on no second chances.

4. cynic

cynic

>100K in signatures already!

With that many people already opposed to his release, how long will he survive on the outside?

Provided they convicted the right person, I have no sympathy for him and his plight.

However I do have concerns about the lynch mob mentality.

If our judiciary and/or penitentiary processes are failing in their duty to protect society from menacing individuals (I believe this to be the case), then that is what needs to be addressed.
    In my opinion, petitions targetting individuals, rather than the systemic issue/s, only serve to foster a lynch mob mentality. This whole issue, is, for reasons that are perfectly understandable, highly emotive, and as such allows, little (if any) space for dispassionate examination of the facts.

For those reasons, my conscience prohibits me from joining the ranks of this particular lynching party.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    pixel likes this.
  5. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Death penalty ? The US shows that this is no deterrent and the US has also executed innocent people.

Life in prison without parole, yes. Adrian Bailey and Jill Meagher come to mind. That bastard was let out and killed Jill soon after.

6. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Child was killed and raped. Facts are pretty solid. His sentence was changed during a second trial. From what I read he did not attend any programs to rehabilitate.
    Exercising your right to pettion and add weight to a decision is not lynching. Inadequate sentencing laws and rehabilitation around these issues are not changed by standing back.

7. cynic

cynic

Therein lies the problem of just how quickly, and easily, heinous crimes can give rise to the blurring of one's vision with tears of grief and/or rage.

Based upon my reading of a self conflicting media report, at least one of those "solid" facts of yours is likely amiss.

Apparently the child hadn't been raped. There was a man who was charged (and subsequently convicted) of murder, assault and intent to sexually assault.

A couple of other events reported, have aroused in me, a few suspicions about the conduct of the investigation of the case.

Hopefully, they convicted the right man. The emotionally hyped media reporting and its failure to report the "facts" consistently, leaves me with a modicum of doubt. I sincerely hope that the evidence and testimonies, presented at trial, were far more compelling, and that the jury was able to manage its emotional responses whilst fulfilling its role in assessing the merits of the case.

8. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

So I'm going to ask the question. Is the abhorrence less for hebephiles as opposed to paedophiles or are we talking about child sex offenders in general, with children say 15 year and younger... maybe 18 years and younger?

Of course not all paedophiles (attracted to prepubescent children) are sex offenders, as they don't act out their fantasies and attractions

Sexually abused Girls are 8.6% likely victims of a stranger, 5% father or step father

Sexually abused boys are 18.3% likely victims of a stranger, 5% (unreliable) by father or step father

Females tend to be well down at the sub 1% level of perpetrators

So when does grooming become less disgusting?
    e.g.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19658...y-for-sex-through-gay-dating-website-fabguys/

9. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

There are some pedos that don't rehabilitate.
    He hit her on the head with a rock while he was raping her. Care to stump up your source of doubt ?

10. cynic

cynic

11. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

He confessed....

12. cynic

cynic

I fail to see how that man could have freely confessed to the rape of a minor and not be charged (or subsequently tried) for sexual assault.

Whatever he may have confessed to, unless that confession was given freely, (i.e. prior to him being taken into police custody), it really doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me.

Suffice to say, I have been acquainted, over the years, with a number of police officers (and occasional lawbreakers). Things disclosed to me, in confidence, by a number of those individuals, have alerted me to the folly of placing too much store in confessions elicited during police interviews.

I believe there are very few men alive today, who wouldn't render a confession to practically anything, when subjected to an excruciating level of physical torture!!

Having said all that, I sincerely hope that the court did get it right when finding against him, otherwise, this tragedy might be a lot larger than people realise!

13. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

Does any expert here have reliable statistics of the percentage of eunuchs among convicted sex offenders? At a guess, I'd say the number would be as close to zero as not to matter.
    If that was the case, you'd have an effective assurance against re-offending:
    Make sure the criminal sings Soprano before he's even considered for parole.

SirRumpole likes this.
  14. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

From memory I think this was an option of the bulli rapist. Chemical castration.

15. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Theres this other thing called evidence.
    So you trust the law system or not? Because your position is swinging all over the place.

16. Value Collector

Value Collector Have courage, and be kind.

The Bad part of the death penalty is that it can't be undone, Innocent people can be killed, and later they are found innocent, at least if they are in jail, they can be released.

This Guy was Killed for the murder of his children, unfortunately he was innocent, but its too late.

https://www.innocenceproject.org/cameron-todd-willingham-wrongfully-convicted-and-executed-in-texas/

cynic likes this.
  17. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Hmm, I don't know about that. There are some twisted bastards around that if they can't use their donger will use something else. It's all about power.

Might have to ask a psychiatrist about that.

18. cynic

cynic

In signing and promoting that petition, you yourself have demonstrated your own distrust of the "law system".

Rightly or wrongly, it is the system that we currently have to work with. My expressed opinion, from the outset, is that it is in need of an overhaul.

Lynching individuals, via media promoted petitions, is not a healthy response to this issue. In doing so one is seeking to undermine the efficacy of legal processes; processes that were put in place for the purpose of fostering a more orderly society.

Petitioning for legal reforms, would be my preferred approach to this issue.

19. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Yeah that was my position all along. Child offenses should be given severe punishment. No I don't trust the law system.
    I get where you are coming from. I'd be feeding scum to the dogs Kim style if I was in charge.
    In the meantime its petitions.

20. moXJO

moXJO menace to society