• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: July Stock Tipping Competition Entry Thread!

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your support. I'm trying to re-focus ASF back on stock chat as I think everyone will benefit from more discussion on individual stocks. The more people bring various stocks they are keeping an eye on to the attention of others the more stock related discussion we will have.

So, if everyone could please lend a hand where you can I'd really appreciate it. It doesn't take much to turn things around and make a change for the better. Thanks. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    noirua, Cam019 and barney like this.
  2. Joe Blow

Originally yes, but it's been hard to tell recently. ;)

Thanks. What motivated me to add the new rule was a while ago I noticed an unfamiliar stock that had been entered in the competition, but when I went to the thread on that stock there hadn't been a post about it in a few years. So I thought to myself, "Someone has noticed this stock and has formed an opinion about it, but hasn't posted in the thread about it. Why?"

That's when I realised that we had a big problem and I needed to implement strategies to help turn things around. The stock competition seemed like a good place to start because at least I know that people are following stocks here. Posts in stock threads really do matter. More than most people probably realise. Even if it's just a quick update. Just do it! :)

explod and Craton like this.
  3. HelloU

HelloU

pretty sure that if the comp is canned the rules say that the previous months wooden spooner gets the prize.................

Iggy_Pop and PZ99 like this.
  4. captain black

captain black

I'm a systems trader not a stock picker but to help keep this comp. going I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'll take the first pick from tonight's scan for my main momentum system and it's LEG : Legend Mining.

Will post a chart in the LEG thread.

aus_trader and Joe Blow like this.
  5. peter2

peter2

MML thanks Joe.

MML was a recent BO failure. It happens.
    There's been no news (that I know of) associated with this sudden selling so I'm willing to give this another chance. I'll need to see a higher low on the daily chart in order to form a low risk setup. It may need the POG to reverse as well and I'm watching that chart as well.

Joe Blow and explod like this.
  6. myrtie100

myrtie100

Hi @Joe Blow , I am still definitely going to keep tipping. I just like to wait until the very last day of trading before we have to choose. And being across the weekend, this also gives me a little extra time to do my analysis - with no rush :)

Cam019 and Joe Blow like this.
  7. barney

barney

HI Joe …. appreciate your point re lack of Stock thread input. I know @greggles has recently been commenting on various Stocks so hats off to him ….. It is obviously important for you and ASF that we make an effort so I'll personally try and add a bit more input and encourage others to do the same.

My pick for this month is BNR (Bulletin Resources) …. post submitted on the BNR thread … Cheers.

greggles and Joe Blow like this.
  8. Craton

Craton Mostly passive, contrarian.

EVN thanks Joe.

As per rule changes am off to post in the EVN thread

Joe Blow likes this.
  9. Joe Blow

Thanks Craton! We've gotta keep the stock chat going. We can't afford to lose the "S" in "ASF". :)

Craton likes this.
  10. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CXO thanks Joe...

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/posts/985975/

Just one thing. When a company releases an announcement do we have the capability of it getting posted in the relevant stock thread automatically like we do with floats or name changes?

Multiple anns get released every day and this would "S" things up quite nicely :)

Sdajii likes this.
  11. HelloU

HelloU

BOT

Miner likes this.
  12. Trav.

Trav.

Hi Joe,

I was wondering if you could look at changing the hyperlink used in the competition page to take you to the stock thread in ASF (latest post) instead of Yahoo Finance?

upload_2018-6-25_17-24-14.png

Hopefully with the increased postings in this area this will then encourage some discussion.

Thanks

peter2 likes this.