• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

July 2020 Stock Competition Entries!

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by Joe Blow, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Good morning everyone and welcome to the July 2020 stock tipping competition! :)

This month's competition is proudly sponsored by FP Markets.

FP Markets is an Australian owned and ASIC regulated broker with over 12 years experience and 35 industry awards including Highest Overall Client Satisfaction 5 years running. They facilitate trading in equities, indices, commodities, futures, Forex and Bitcoin via their MetaTrader4 platform.

FP Markets offer 10,000+ equities, indices and commodities across all major international markets. All equity CFDs are DMA priced and 100% hedged. FP Markets are not a market maker so their interests are aligned with that of their clients. You can go long on everything listed on the ASX and international markets and they have the widest short offering of any Australian broker.

This month there were three entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @UMike, @Boggo and @jancha. I will give those entrants another 48 hours to post in the thread of their competition entry. If they choose to do so I will add them to the July competition.

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entry and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

0720start.png

Bazzi and frugal.rock like this.
  2. Boggo

Boggo

Done Joe :xyxthumbs

frugal.rock and Joe Blow like this.
  3. Bazzi

Bazzi

@Joe Blow Something is not right in the competition table (tab). I think it is looking at 1June entry price rather than 1July

Sorry, some guys will hate me for pointing this! lol

4. debtfree

debtfree

I'm pretty sure Joe said once before about waiting for the 1st update during the 1st day of trading for it to reset into the proper %'s

frugal.rock and Bazzi like this.
  5. Bazzi

Bazzi

Missed that and spoke too soon! Cheers

debtfree and Dona Ferentes like this.
  6. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

The competition leaderboard is now back to normal. Yes, you need to wait until the 11am update on the first trading day of the month for the correct prices to display.

Boggo and jancha have also been added to the July competition as they have both now posted in the thread of their entry as per the competition rules.

frugal.rock, debtfree and Bazzi like this.
  7. peter2

peter2

AR9 up 30% on the first day of competition. :eek:

@Garpal Gumnut Please go to the swabbing stall to present a sample for analysis.
    Your dart will be inspected for any illegal irregularities in the barrel and shaft.

The stewards have issued a "speeding" ticket and a please explain.

Likely penalty for any transgression will be to shout a round of drinks at your favourite watering hole.

8. Miner

Miner

The beginning of this month has been very good. no one lost money on tipped value.

9. jbocker

jbocker

Yeah. I strongly suspect elephant Juice or jiggers in them there darts. Anyone who gets over 18% on the first day should be removed from the comp for apparent dodgy practices.
    AND I am pretty sure @explod used one from the same dart set on the last day of the June comp.

That is the problem with these championship comps, we get 'dodgies' trying all sorts of wrangling means to chisel a win. How can a poor soul jag it with all this going on.:cautious:

(good tipping lads:xyxthumbs)

Bazzi, frugal.rock, myrtie100 and 4 others like this.
  10. Dona Ferentes

Dona Ferentes

What I would like is a tally board of performance for my tips, but offset / delayed by a month or 2. Some of them do well, after comp closes. Just not over the four weeks

11. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Sounds interesting Dona. :xyxthumbs
    Maybe all tippers for a period (a year or so?) using the tipped month and month after?
    Would definitely give a good picture of the more consistent tippers.

Any volunteers? ;)

Miner and Bazzi like this.
  12. Dona Ferentes

Dona Ferentes

More along the lines that I tip really interesting stocks that go nowhere (not true, some go down) during the comp, then seem to do well afterwards. :laugh:;)

13. Dona Ferentes

Dona Ferentes

and a further 38% today, to close at 21.5c for AR9. Feel free to extrapolate till end-July (I hold 330k of 'em)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    debtfree, frugal.rock, explod and 5 others like this.
  14. jbocker

jbocker

I suspect a second dart was used. @Garpal Gumnut ?
    Hey that is Great work holding this stock Dona.

15. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Ooh, just you lot wait...
    The GTR is in the shop, getting some new extractors, a carby cleaning, a nitrous oxide kit and an electronic ignition system....oh, and a spit and polish for the looks. :watching:
    Should be at the starting line on Tuesday morning :roflmao:
    Easy on the nitrous GTR, don't want to throw a piston through the block...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    jbocker likes this.
  16. jbocker

jbocker

It seems to have stalled at the start. Its gonna need a tanker of N2O to catch the AR9.
    But wait till the Hot Chilli has gone through the system and lets rip. Its gonna fly and leave yousall in a shower of …:mooning: Watch OUT!

frugal.rock likes this.
  17. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Not a chance, you're going to feel the ring sting and big skid marks..:chicken::roflmao:

finicky and jbocker like this.
  18. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

I refuse to be beaten by a resource and driller punt called Hot Chilli Limited @jbocker which started off the comp at 1.7c you brilliant b@st@rd.

gg

debtfree, jbocker and frugal.rock like this.
  19. Telamelo

Telamelo

MYX might be a goer this July.. closed +3.49% today on it's high (strong bullish green candle that crossed above it's 200dma).

DYOR

20. jbocker

jbocker

Darts Don't Lie.
    upload_2020-7-8_22-43-58.png