Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

IVV - iShares S&P 500 ETF

Reactions
Re: IVV - iShares Core S&P 500 ETF

Would I be correct in saying purchasing this would be a form of currency hedging?

I.e, if the AUD were to fall by 10% against the USD, the value of these would increase 10%, disregarding the movement of the S&P 500?

Reactions

im looking to put some spare cash in this if the US index goes for a bit of a tank

Reactions

Don't trade these ETFs at market price, make sure to use limit orders and adjust the order if necessary.

Reactions

Don't trade these ETFs at market price, make sure to use limit orders and adjust the order if necessary.
I am would also suggest having a look at the IShares web site and reading about the role of the marker maker(s). Also checkout the Net Asset Value (NAV) which IShares provides at the close of trading each day and this figure is displayed on their website.

Reactions

The market makers have financial incentives to keep the spread within a certain percentage range so that helps. I don't know about retail investors but for clients I can call iShares and ask them to do better on the market makers offer. Have saved some good scratch on that.

System

Administrator
Reactions
On April 28th, 2016, iShares Core S&P 500 ETF changed its name to iShares S&P 500 ETF.