• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

It's the little things in life that make it good...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dutchie, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dutchie

dutchie

2. burglar

burglar

Well dutchie, I don't know what to say!
    I didn't feel the warmth.

I liked the CanOz post about abused cats.

3. burglar

burglar

I found this thread ...

4. Ceebee77

Ceebee77

Your absolutely right. My wife and I were shoe shopping some time back and was watching a young man trying to choose between two pairs of shoes. As he was a student he could only afford one pair. I went to the cashier and paid for one pair for him and told the staff not to say anything. The young guy finally made his decision and went to pay for them. When he was told that the other pair had been paid for anonymously he sat down on the bench and cried. He had had a very bad year and couldn't believe that a stranger would do that. My wife and I aren't rich but we believe we are better off than a lot of folks and we often pay for customers fuel. The look on their faces is priceless and is all the reward we need. I love it!

5. dutchie

dutchie

Nice work CB77

6. CanOz

CanOz Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!

\

Thats a great thing to do CeeBee, :xyxthumbs

7. Gringotts Bank

Gringotts Bank

He must have been really down and out if he could only afford one pair at a time. I would have felt very sorry for him too.

WTF??? :confused: :eek:

Sheltered much?

8. johenmo

johenmo

He was a student. students often don't have much money. Many thousands of years ago i was a student & had to trade eating less over a few weeks to afford a text book which couldn't find second hand. It cost $67 and I lived on $40 a week (incl rent of $20).

As for little things .. we were driving the back roads of NZ and the rivers were high from recent heavy rain and we stopped to turn round at a ford that was too deep when a yellow mini came the other way. We watched as it stopped, then proceeded to cross, only to stop half way - the water a few inches above the bottom of the door.

Then an old lady (in her 70's) got out!. So wife n I walked in to push her car out and then took her to her son's. She was lucky we were there for it was a backroad.

Another little thing that's good is being in the middle of nowhere and having the rare spot with mobile phone reception when your car breaks down.:xyxthumbs

9. burglar

burglar

She wasn't lucky you were there!

You were already there, ...
    she saw you before she decided to cross.

She was, however, lucky that you were helpful!!

10. johenmo

johenmo

True! :) She was fortunate we took that road - we were on the other side of the ford from which she approached.. We lived in the region at the time and never drove in that area before or after.

11. dutchie

dutchie

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016