• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: Is this a scam?

1. peter2

peter2

Now that I seeing the adds on ASF I can't help being amused.
    Is this a scam?

Clear typo in the main ad is a dead set giveaway.
    scam1.PNG

Then when you click on the ad it goes to a site that clearly states that it's a con.
    scam3.PNG
    And if your still not sure and try to go to another page on the con site, the link address is another admission that you're about the be shorn.
    scam2.PNG

I know Joe can't screen them all out but we can use some commonsense.

2. basilio

basilio

Ever been tempted to become an Amazon seller ? After checking this out you might re consider.

How to Lose Tens of Thousands of Dollars on Amazon
    A growing number of self-proclaimed experts promise they can teach anyone how to make a passive income selling cheap Chinese goods in the internet's largest store. Not everyone’s getting rich quick.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...-peddling-secrets-getting-rich-amazon/578443/

sptrawler and greggles like this.
  3. satanoperca

satanoperca

Just because someone is stupid with their actions, doesn't mean they do not deserve the money they have earn't. I agree, that when you read the article, it seems ridiculous, but love is a powerful emotion that can be exploited. We should not look poorly on the victim but rather hunt down the perpetrator and hang him by his balls

Belli and cynic like this.
  4. Belli

Belli

While it was certainly unwise of her I'm not in a rush to criticise the person handing over money. I've been single for a number of years after my wife died. It takes some effort to learn how to be alone, which shouldn't necessarily be equated to loneliness.

Skate and qldfrog like this.
  5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up Peter. I'll block that one and any associated ads.

If anyone sees any dodgy ads (Google doesn't have very good screening - not even sure if they care?), please let me know and I will block them from ASF. I do it on a regular basis but I don't see every single ad, so I'm sure quite a few slip through.

qldfrog and Smurf1976 like this.
  6. basilio

basilio

Just a general heads up on a particular company that you do not want to touch in any way shape or form . Its called AAA Transport. A friend of mine inadvertently booked them with $2000 to move a vehicle. Then did some research and realised this was not going to end well. Naturally they won't return the money.:mad:

The principals of the company have a long history of complaints in the hundreds. Really makes one wonder what powers Consumers affairs should have to stop this sort of operation.

Check out the stories and the Current affairs expose. Consider noting this post for future reference.

As of May 2019, Auto Transporters is trading as All Australian Auto Transporters (AAATransporters) and MV Transporters.
    https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/auto-transporters

https://www.9news.com.au/national/a...ustralia/88942a51-164e-437f-8ac7-f5d4fce146c2

IFocus and sptrawler like this.
  7. basilio

basilio

Horrific. Just sweep them up, demand to see the justification for their BS stories and when they can't put in jail for 6 months on fraud charges.

This is pure and utter BS. Total scam.

HOWEVER... These are now desperate times for many people. When people have lost their jobs and are facing financial ruin the theoretical hope offered by these scams is enough to say "have a go"

That's why they are successful. But that's why they should be stopped dead in their tracks.:mad:

Smurf1976 and SirRumpole like this.
  8. againsthegrain

againsthegrain

Paypal is good for buying, especially from overseas.

The problem is when you are receiving funds to your paypal, especially larger sums. The balance has to clear to your bank or credit card first, within this period if the money is frozen, reversed or refunded there is very low chances of speedy recovery, most cases go instantly in favour of the buyer as like with all credit card charge backs.

Say even once the money does clear into your account, bigger sums lets say 10k or 20k thats fine, but after if the buyer decides to notify paypal that they are not happy with the purchase or have not received it paypal will put your account in negative and ask you to give the money back while they investigate. Most people would just ignore this and say im not putting nothing back my item is sold bad luck. However with larger transactions of a few thousand paypal will no doubt try to recover the money through debt collectors etc which is a headache.

Now compared to making a sale through bank transfer, cash, you would never even hear about such obstacles, so dont bother receiving large sums of money through paypal.

Also this is a typical scamer story, they are always in a place that is hard to reach, limited communication and seeking to buy a gift urgently. nobody buys car for a gift without inspection, if they are that rich not to care and take "your word" then they can afford a brand new car.

aus_trader likes this.
  9. Mikii

Mikii

Thanks againsthegrain and stevenc - great explainations !

I knew it was a scam thats why i posted on here so everyone knows about it. they piss me off so badly. I hope others can also learn from this.

Stevenc - thats a good idea to use a pre paid mobile when you sell things and another separate email... just to be safe that theres no harrassments... Do you have another house for pickups too ? lol

these scammers are all over the internet, and they are thinking of new ways to scam every time. but its too obvious, anything too good to be true, is already suspicious.

p.s - imagine he sent me too much fake money, and wants me to return back some, and i return too much fake money, then he has to pay me back - scamed a scam, I like to see that !!!

aus_trader likes this.
  10. satanoperca

satanoperca

I love this stuff. Yes you can make millions on Amazon, if you are that one in a million. Amazon doesn't care, they need participants (both sellers and buyers) for their platform to work.

But interesting article :
    "The couple had hoped to strike it rich—or at least quit their day jobs—buying goods from China and reselling them on the e-commerce site. Instead, they lost their savings" boo hoo, same with lots of small businesses, but most people don't think there business will get them rich, just provide an income.

"all they needed to do was pay $3,999 for three months of coaching that would teach them everything they needed to know about the business"

"In an email, Behdjou told me that nearly 1,000 students have paid to receive training from him, with only a “small handful of complaints.”

Why sell on Amazon, when you can gross $4M selling how to sell on Amazon, I guess it is a lot harder to make that much on Amazon.

Buyer beware.

PS. I develop IT software systems for selling/marketing products and services. I have reduced down my service offering to clients, due to the face, I have the knowledge and skills and make more money building my own businesses using tech, then providing the tech to other people.

Just like trading platforms, if you have one that works, why tell anyone, exploit it for your own richess

sptrawler likes this.
  11. qldfrog

qldfrog

Am i alone to think that people tgat stupid do not deserve having that amount of money, or be able to manage it?
    I travel the world meet hundreds of people bright and slaving at work for a pittance..maybe there is karma?

sptrawler likes this.