• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Is the U.S. government inherently evil?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newanimal, Feb 10, 2018.

1. newanimal

newanimal

I seem to be barred from continuing to post on a similar thread. Could be just a tech glitch caused by me. Not sure ... strange timing though.
    Anyway, thought I start a related thread. Any thoughts?

(I am a U.S. citizen)

2. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

Not evil but certainly big liars such as Bush and scandals that have rocked that establishment are unbelievable. Big Billy Clinton another not evil but scandalous act. Trump, another farce but not evil.

explod likes this.
  3. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

The US government is fantastic, great and all round heroes. Not to mention all powerful and omnipresent.

4. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

I don't think the US government as a whole is evil, although there are certainly a few flaky people in it.

5. newanimal

newanimal

LOL!! yes to be certain... spreading peace and democracy and the American Dream all around the world!

6. basilio

basilio

Well THAT'S a dangerously subversive heading for thread.

God, it's almost as bad as say " Is Islam inherantly evil ?"

I suppose America does see itself as exceptional and has practically religious fervour. "Beacon of Freedom" "Leader of the Free World".
    If it had wise and generous leadership, warm hearted citizens and a desire to improve the world for the sake of all humanity the US would indeed be a great country.
    But then when one wakes up we see the current reality.

7. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

It must have been a glitch newanimal. You are free to post in any thread you would like to participate in.

explod likes this.
  8. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Conspiracy

9. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Perhaps the lesser of evils

10. luutzu

luutzu

All state power are inherently evil.

All countries have their military, their security forces. Most have some sort of military/security industrial complex ready to take on enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Who are those enemies? The bad guys, of course. Who are the bad guys? People who don't do what we like, in ways we like it.

So the US is just as inherently evil as all other states.

What put the US ahead of the rest in all these "state craft" warmongering stuff is its scale.

With great powers comes great ability to not give a dam what "the UN" says. With enough might, what you do is what "the world community" does, and as we all know, the world always do good.

11. newanimal

newanimal

what are you some kind of paranoid nut job? :D
    no, administration here is cool. I appreciate Joes' response. My error

Tisme likes this.
  12. noirua

noirua

The American Government just trundles along as usual. Debt builds and builds though assets grow and grow so it doesn't matter. Having a bigger army, navy and airforce puts more people in work directly and indirectly. Killing more people with extra and more powerful weapons keeps the fast expanding population that bit lower.
    Over half the population of Europe died in both the great plagues in the 13th and 17th century. So American evil if there is any hardly compares with that. USA and Australia hardly existed in those days, buffaloes and Kangaroos got on without much trouble.

13. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

If the Brits had been less worried about balancing the books and taking on prewar debt like the Germans did, the USofA would still be a second world country, instead of making insane profits by financing sides during and after the conflict.