• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Is Sydney Morning Herald a good newspaper to subscribe for stock investors?

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by helpme, Mar 3, 2017.

1. helpme

helpme

I am keen to invest more into the Australian stock market. I am looking for newspapers to read to keep myself informed of opportunities and risks. Looking around, it seems Sydney Morning Herald(SMH) is a good choice. I would like to ask the experienced folks here if they agree with my choice. Are there alternatives to SMH? Which newspapers do you read assuming you are an Australian stock investor?

2. galumay

galumay learner

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but no newspaper in Australia adds anything to my research and analysis for investing in the ASX.

I would invert the question and ask you, how do you think reading what any newspaper reports will inform you of opportunities and risks as a share investor?

Note - quite a lot of what appears in the SMH as financial journalism is actually spam from advertisers like Motley Fools, Fairfax deliberatley mislead readers with these 'infommercials'.

pixel likes this.
  3. skc

skc Goldmember

If I was to nominate one single source, then The Financial Review is probably the best one. SMH is probably a distance second.

4. Quant

Quant

helpme, Skate and So_Cynical like this.
  5. galumay

galumay learner

6. Quant

Quant

Oh well dont use it then , some may find it useful and thats all that matters , ease is a good thing , click and read .. anyway thanks for that

7. galumay

galumay learner

Agreed, I was simply giving some extra info about the limited use of the extension and pointing out an easier option for Fairfax sites. The more info the better, surely?

8. Muschu

Muschu

This sounds useful even though I don't actually get it :) Got a very brief guide for dummies and time to do so please g?