• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Is Scott Morrison our next PM?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sptrawler, Jul 22, 2015.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. sptrawler

sptrawler

It may be a big call, but unless Tony gets traction in the polls, plan B may be Morrison.IMO

He seems to be the only politician, that can speak his mind and get away with it.

I'm sure if he was made leader of the coalition, he would come under a lot more pressure, but he seems to handle it o.k.

It is not to say Abbott is doing anything wrong, the problem is Abbott has the face, the media wants to hit.:D

2. noco

noco

Re: Is Scott Morrison our next P.M ?

Yes Morrison is the man and he should be PM now IMHO....You would see the Coalitions ratings go sky high....He would leave Shorten, Pliberseck and Bowen for dead....I sure hope it happens before the next election...Tony is a good bloke but lacks that charisma that voters thrive on.

I did meet him (Abbott) some time ago in an official capacity and I found him very sincere.

3. sptrawler

sptrawler

Re: Is Scott Morrison our next P.M ?

Like I said, he just seems to be one of those people, the media love to hit.

Probably because he allows the reporters, to say what they like and talk over him, they do.:D

4. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Yes, I respect Morrison and the more he speaks the more I respect him. Would love to see him takeover and would most likely vote for him.
    I will never vote for Tony again. He is a liar and a party hack (like Bronwyn) who know how to play the political game but has an aversion to science and has an old fashioned view of the world.

5. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

If the Libs change leaders they will have to change Treasurers as well. Hockey has been a disaster, failing to tackle corporate tax avoidance after making a big noise about it, and stubbornly insisting on retaining perks for the few a la negative gearing and superannuation at the nation's expense.

Our worst Treasurer since Billy McMahon.

6. boofhead

boofhead

Scott will have the issue a number of politicians have. They can look good as ministers but as leader they have to work much harder at internal divisions and power struggles.

7. IFocus

IFocus You are arguing with a Galah

Poster boy of the right wing but I think Abbott will destroy any credibility the right never had.

8. drsmith

drsmith

And yet it's Bill Shorten that's now preaching the virtues of boat turnbacks.

You're going to have to grow Green feathers now IF.

9. drsmith

drsmith

Scott Morrison seems to be able to cut through with the message very well.

While there's no doubt that being PM presents a more complex set of challenges, the internal party side of it is driven heavily by polls. My hope is that the social security portfolio is grooming for higher office.

10. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Wasn't it Scott who gave a speech at the IofPA the other day, filled with untruths about negative gearing and housing affordability? If he can let unfactual stuff role off his tongue so easily, surely he's not a new dawn, but just the same as what we have been getting for quite some time.

11. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Just another head in a barrel of rotting fish.

12. Uncle Festivus

Uncle Festivus

We are so blessed to have so much talent, on both sides, to choose from.

Stinking piles of bobble heads these days masquerading as politicians looking after our best interests.

One things for sure, Bronny The Bee-do has to go. The trouble is, she genuinely thinks she's done nothing wrong?

The Pigs at the Trough mentality is so entrenched now most of them think the same way.

As to the topic, the other Bishop has the numbers over the hatchet man.

13. drsmith

drsmith

Sportsbet:

Julie Bishop: $1.96
    Peter Dutton: $2:50
    Scott Morrison: $4:00

If Scott Morrison backs himself to achieve a win the next election (a very tough gig that seems at the moment), it may be his time or Julie Bishop in the hope of a respectable loss with Scott Morrison to follow in opposition after the election.

The House of Liberal will burn to the ground if it's Peter Dutton.

sptrawler likes this.
  14. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

15. sptrawler

sptrawler

IMO He is the best chance of turning things around for the Libs, how Shorten could become viable as an election winner, just underlines that Turnbull had to go.
    He should never have been put in for the second time, if Australia wanted a warm feel good huggy sort of person, they would vote Green.
    Having said that, the Greens have Sarah. :eek:

16. overhang

overhang

He is the best pick for the Libs, would have liked to see Bishop get a go but don't think the Libs are ready for a female leader. I think he can reduce the damage but I think the damage is already done. The stupid thing about all this is Turnbull was just another Shorten back-flip away from leveling up the polls.

17. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Morrison or Bishop will simply be a continuation of the Manchurian faction of leftist ring-ins.

Dutton doesn't have immediate appeal, but he does have a shot at reclaiming the conservative base. He just might appeal to we upper middle boguns.

18. overhang

overhang

And that's what is wrong with the Liberal party, when Morrison is considered a leftist.

19. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Incorrect.

That's how far the long Marxist march through the institutions has taken everything to the left, that the left considers Morrison right wing.
    [​IMG]

20. sptrawler

sptrawler

Fairfax were just warming up to the election, they would have carved Mal up, didn't you notice how little airplay Shorten was getting?
    Now they would love Dutton in, then it would be a red carpet ride for Bill, Morrison they have trouble with. IMO