• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

IPO thoughts?

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by samuilk, Feb 26, 2019.

1. samuilk

samuilk

2. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Hi Sasha, it's hard to offer an opinion, much less a recommendation, on a stock that is yet to list on the ASX. A prospectus is in many ways a promotional document that is designed to talk up the prospects of the company and is not an objective overview or analysis.

Are you thinking of participating in these IPOs? If so, what do you like about them?

3. samuilk

samuilk

Thanks for your response. I'm aware that all these IPO's are designed to gain investors so they will sell themselves as much as possible.

I haven't ever invested into any IPO's, my portfolio consists of well established companies in Aus and International markets. But I am not one to try something 'new'.

In all honesty, I was just wanting to gain some perspective about either company and see if anyone has invested in companies similar, to bring light whether these companies are new or in any way innovative, which if so, I would then do further research into each company.

As for now I have not received any suggestions that either company is new or innovated.

Thanks,

Sasha

4. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

It might be an idea to wait until the companies list and then see what the market thinks of them. There have been some really bad IPOs recently, so it's always a good idea to be cautious with newly listed companies.