Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Interactive Brokers: HIN/SRN?

Reactions
Hello

I need to fill a legal document and I am asked the HIN/SRN of the shares I have with Interactive Brokers.

Do you know where I can find that out?

I searched on Google and from what I found it seems I am not the legal owner of those shares, then who is?

I am asked also who is the Holder...so I need these 3 info:

Holding Name: ?
Registered Owner of shares: ?
HIN/SRN: ?

Thank you

Reactions
Be sure to post back what they say, especially in regards to ownership.

Reactions
use their PID and their registered australian company name - what these are for IB I do not know.

Reactions
Hello

I need to fill a legal document and I am asked the HIN/SRN of the shares I have with Interactive Brokers.

Do you know where I can find that out?

I searched on Google and from what I found it seems I am not the legal owner of those shares, then who is?

I am asked also who is the Holder...so I need these 3 info:

Holding Name: ?
Registered Owner of shares: ?
HIN/SRN: ?

Thank you
IB is a custodian type model. There is no HIN. What that means is that IB's custodian owns the shares, not you directly.

HIN only refers to shares under the ASX CHESS system and is only a system employed in Australia (a very good system too!)

Reactions
IB is a custodian type model. There is no HIN. What that means is that IB's custodian owns the shares, not you directly.

HIN only refers to shares under the ASX CHESS system and is only a system employed in Australia (a very good system too!)
I am stillconcerned that IB is not on Chess as I thought they would once they moved here - I was with BBY [Liquidated] using IB and seems that all is lost as SEGC say they will not entertain a claim from IB clients - even though thousands was in their cash a/c and stocks

Reactions
I am stillconcerned that IB is not on Chess as I thought they would once they moved here - I was with BBY [Liquidated] using IB and seems that all is lost as SEGC say they will not entertain a claim from IB clients - even though thousands was in their cash a/c and stocks
if they switch to CHESS it's highly likely the commissions will increase to something closer to that of the rip-off local brokers, as they will then have to start paying extra fees to the clearing house, which will of course be passed on to the customer.

as such i'm ok with IB remaining under the nominee account model - provided that we're still entitled to SIPC protection post-migration to IB Australia. i've not yet come across anything that confirms this one way or the other though.

Reactions
Well today IB have had a data crash !
My portfolio, account all virtually empty, GONE !
Took 50 mins to get through to them.
All customers affected. Not sure if its only AU. They acknowledged issues, but appear complacent to me.
If there is poor communication or if there is a repeat, many of their customers will walk.

Reactions
I have quoted this as a thankyou freebird.
Some may not grasp the point u made (others might understand but dismiss it - to each their own). In simplistic terms, if u lack a stock certificate and your cash is not trust segregated then you are probably an unsecured creditor.

Reactions
Yes - looks like I have lost less than $100,000 ;-)

5/4 is next hearing - looks like they are having problems sorting who gets how many cents

Reactions
And FYI nothin still sorted - stock and cash sitting in a trust account still somewhere

Anyone for tennis - maybe the judge plays?