• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum
  1. Guest, entries in the Full CY 2020 Tipping Competition are now open and close at midnight on 31 December. With $1,850 in cash to be won you'd have to be crazy not to enter. Please post your entries in the Tipping Competition for Full CY 2020 thread in the ASX Stock Chat forum. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Income tax rates in the world vs. Australia

Discussion in 'Business, Investment and Economics' started by qldfrog, Jul 28, 2019.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. qldfrog

qldfrog

Dear all, as promised, after Labour and Greens all complaining how we do not tax "the rich" enough here, I promised myself to find real figures about personal income tax rates, the ones affecting the rich bastards funding your NDIS, pensions increases, debt repayments and 50 billions AUD submarines:speechless:
    upload_2019-7-28_18-35-14.png
    This reveal what I thought after traveling the world, it is very hard to find anywhere else in a remotely civilized country where we are slugged so hard.
    I understand sales taxes etc can influence taxation charges but we have gst, most of the countries above have big discounts on the raw income before taxation, etc
    Labour should be happy we can nearly compete with Sweden but sadly, our government does not offer anywhere near like Swedish services
    I hope this could act as a wake up call on this country, but I doubt ...
    Read and analyse, based on a few hours of web searches
    If this does not show our leaders incompetence, what will....

moXJO, leyy and Skate like this.
  2. willy1111

willy1111

Appreciate the effort put into research.

Effective tax rate may also be a good thing to compare, ie in Oz 60k taxable income = tax of $12k = 20% effective tax rate and $200k income = tax of 67k = 33% effective tax rate.

Also what I would be interested in is where can one live/be a tax resident of and at what rate would CGT on Oz shares/dividends from an investment and share trading business point of view be? Ie if one chose to move to Switzerland or NZ and continued with Oz share activities from an investment and share trading view, how much tax would be paid.

The research may be beyond the effort you wish to put in :rolleyes:

3. qldfrog

qldfrog

Effective tax rate was too hard to compute but most places i checked had a so called progressive taxation rate so , as here, you got offset,then various bands
    If anyone wants to help, feel free but i doubt many country are actually taxing as much a 60kaud income as we do here, and not many the 200kaud either
    You will not find this on the ABC...
    If you are not an Australian tax resident, the problem is with the extra taxes slugged on your properties here, for the shares just get out of the asx and use nyse or others

4. qldfrog

qldfrog

Once you spend more than 6 months a year put of australia, you may become non resident

5. qldfrog

qldfrog

If anyone is interested in populating the effective tax rate, or add the company tax rate..another abysmal ranking for australia:
    pm me and i will send you the current excel spreadsheet, if you do please make sure to include offset or deduction associated to what is considered income value
    In any case the marginal tax rate and our awful ranking shows clearly we are not a place where it is worth working more, so the focus on Real Estate for wealth creation here
    And so needs for immigration and its awful consequences and fake wealth growth