• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: IMD - Imdex Limited

1. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Haven’t seen any other charts than those posted by
    Pete @ Boggo but that very high volume bar looks
    Awfully suspicious.
    If it had blasted price through to a new high I would
    View it completely differently.

But without that it looks a lot like supply selling into demand.
    I’ll have a closer look.
    I see 15 or so trades totalling 7 million or so shares between
    1.29 and $1.315 price only moved .5c each parcel
    I’m thinking supply taking opportunity.

If so I’d expect resistance to new highs.

2. finicky

finicky

IMD @ 1.06

That 'confirmed daily trend' I pointed to in the prior post didn't last long :speechless:
    In fact it didn't last at all. Strange, Mitsubishi Financial Group (MUFG) declared a change of substantial holding today and I assumed that might throw light on the 10% drop in IMD's share price today but upon opening the announcement I see that MUFG has increased its holding recently.

Screenshot_20200625-171710_Drive.jpg
    A few days ago IMD put out a presentation for UBS that I thought was pretty good.
    Held
    Sentiment: Hold

6 Mth Dly
    big (65).gif

3. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

another way to look at this, if you were short the stock this would be the biggest fattest reason to cover

not a top presentation of the point, but, look at the bottom panel, the 15minute, 60minute and current unfinished daily are in agreement

IMD rsi signals 160419.png

peter2, Smurf1976 and rnr like this.
  4. finicky

finicky

IMD @ .83
    I'm not buying it now personally because there's nothing in the chart yet to suggest a bottoming - that I can see anyway.

Doesn't mean it won't prove a good entry price when looking back in a couple of years. If buying I would be layering in my buys, buying a bit at a time. It does look cheap for an innovative tech company that just had a strong Dec Half and has $25m net cash. FY19 ROE = 12%, current Price divided by fy19 book value = .83 ÷ .58 = 1.43 ... conservative share issuing history, the aforesaid cash, growing book value - cheap if you believe in the future. New M.D seems sharp.

I was trying to get to posting something today on IMD and CDA on the 'Good Stocks to Buy on the ASX' thread actually but I'm having trouble getting some thoughts together. I would have qualified my posts as "good stocks to keep a close eye on" though, not as immediate buys, as I don't feel the selling's over for either, jmo. Maybe it's just pessimism finally getting to me.

Held

Miner, frugal.rock and sptrawler like this.
  5. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

All good, I realise that the bun fight isn't over yet..
    Only picked up a small parcel, speculative sized.
    The flexidrill tech I expect to be a good earner.
    Hopefully they get it ready for the pickup, whenever that is...
    Actually made a small profit on a day trade today... not on this one though!
    Cheers.

F.Rock

Miner, finicky and sptrawler like this.
  6. Padowan

Padowan

Whilst not to related to any technical based system trade - the depth and breadth of shutdowns in exploration drilling across the mining industry has yet to show its impact on the sector. Preventative measures for cv19 are bringing drilling activities in regional and remote areas to halt and is an overhang on near term earnings, don’t know whether this has been factored in to the current equity rout which seams agnostic to the underlying businesses and more of a sell now ask later phenomenon

Miner, sptrawler and frugal.rock like this.