• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

I'm back...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Milk Man, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Milk Man

Milk Man

Hey guys,

Don't know if any of you guys remember me, but I used to haunt this place something shocking about a decade ago. I couldn't log in to my old account, but my Username was available, and I found Gary Myers old mustang for my profile pic again.

I learned how to trade thanks to the knowledge bank on here back then. I remember tech/a and wayneL in particular, but there are a lot more who are hopefully still here.

What has happened? I developed a system, I play traded, then I live traded. I made 80% ROI up to my peak in 6 months. 2% risk to capital per trade, and total backtested maximum drawdown under 20% (which was system fail point) I wish it ended there, but the GFC happened. 20% peak to trough triggered system failure point. 18 odd months down the drain (but not a bad pay day). Haven't looked at a chart in a decade.....until today. Let's get busy boys!

pixel and Joe Blow like this.
  2. CanOz

CanOz Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!

Yeah I remember you milkman, welcome back!

Milk Man likes this.
  3. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back Milk Man! ASF has changed quite a bit since you were last here. A lot of people have moved on but there are a lot of new faces as well. Surprisingly there are still a lot of people from your era who are still posting. Let me know if you'd like to access your old account. If you'd like to start afresh that's OK too.

Milk Man likes this.
  4. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

I joined the forum a year later in 2006. Here is a screenshot of a thread you started which shows your join date. I use Amibroker too. Don't know if you have been watching but Lithium has been hot and many stock prices have multiplied in the last 6 months. XAO was range bound for a relatively long time and has recently broken out higher. The American stock market has been strong bullish since Trump election win. Forum has become quieter regarding stock market chat but it is like a happy family with good discussion and posts remain civil.

Untitled.png

Milk Man likes this.
  5. Milk Man

Milk Man

I think I would like to access the old account please Joe. Only for the fact I have a "decent" amount of posts, and I am so rusty I could do with all the credibility I can get!