• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

IGO - IGO Limited

Discussion in 'Stocks I-P' started by seaurchin, Apr 8, 2005.

1. seaurchin

seaurchin

independence Group ''IGO''

This was alerted to me months ago ...from strong resources..very low PE.
    interesting volume this week with timely buys and sells @ interesting prices to.
    those intraday highs say 143 ...will that count as a new high ?
    if this breaking out to a new range of trading ?
    does this have cash?
    Is this debt ratio low ?
    theres more but I think my answer is YES to most ...however still holding and if the XAO shows advnce to recent highs i see IGO moving with INDEX.
    my opinion and could be wrong ...please feel free to share opionion with me on this one thatks....bye

2. porkpie324

porkpie324

Greggy, David Hazelhurst is one of my best sources of specky stocks to research, I have been following the 'speculator' for about 4 years now, I also read the article you mentioned on STB, hav'nt bought in yet but on my watch list. IGO has been one of my stand out performers, first bought in 2002 for about .30c they rose very quickly to over $1.00, I sold but have traded them regularly since, out of at the moment but have traded them lots using CFDs recently. porkpie

3. greggy

greggy

David Hazelhurst has a great track record and STB is very undervalued compared with other nickel stocks. IGO is a great stock and has been followed on and off by The Speculator.
    As always, do your own research before buying/selling.

4. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

IGO looks a little toppy for mine.Wouldn't be surprised to see a pullback to the trendline before moving on again. Will see how it reacts from the congestion area it seems to be building.

Attached Files:

5. greggy

greggy

Nice chart. I feel however that momentum is running so strong in the nickel sector that new highs will be seen before any pull back. P.S. I don't own any IGO. Please do your own research before buying/selling.

6. porkpie324

porkpie324

Yes Kauri I have to agree with you on IGO, they looked a bit toppy to me early October so sold then only to watch them go north again. But I have been short term trading them using CFDs. IGO are not alone, other nickel miners are looking toppy but after such a strong run it is'nt suprising. porkpie

7. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

IGO with GP's AIM dll for AB.

Attached Files:

8. greggy

greggy

Hi Kauri,

You have thus far proved me wrong. You are indeed a master of charting.
    Thanks.

9. porkpie324

porkpie324

IGO have been under some pressure and have failed to rally with other nickel miners, ie MCR, SMY, so I think perhaps maybe next week could be an oppotunity to buy in again, just watch the quotes. porkpie

10. greggy

greggy

I like IGO, but I'll watch and wait.
    Thanks for your comments.

11. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

IGO looks interesting again..

12. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

IGO at an interesting stage, retraced 50% and close to the T/L before closing strongly in the top quartile of its daily range, finished with 2x normal vol, and the (5000+ blocks) buyers stepped up to the offer late in the day (green vol) as opposed to the sellers meeting the buyers early on (red vol).
    Will watch for an entry tomorrow if exceeds todays high on positive and strong vol.

Attached Files:

13. porkpie324

porkpie324

I'm looking at IGO again after recect weakness, kauri I like that market action you posted where do you get it, porkpie

14. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

As per post/chart #4 this thread, now looking for some positive price/vol for a possible entry....

Attached Files:

15. porkpie324

porkpie324

Recent eakness in IGO could possibly be due to a substantial holder quitting (see todays an), I bought back in last week twice at $4.02 & $4.05 I think their oversold, then read todays an so that confirms what I thought will hold for now, but if IGO falls through $4.00 will probably quit them, IGO are a very good nickelstock. porkpie

16. porkpie324

porkpie324

Todays a/n of IGO going into the asx S&P 200 has certainly changed the quotes post the a/n today. So glad I held, even picked up a few more this morning before the a/n. porkpie

17. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

Hey Porkpie..
    Good timing... I had forgotten about this one. Will watch to see if she pulls back in a minor W2 for a possible entry.. :banghead: Hows the Get going??

Attached Files:

18. porkpie324

porkpie324

Yes I got something right after 4 bad days, a bad opening new year week hope its just a one off. As for AGET I'm not familiar with e/w after 14years with metastock its a lot different but I will perservere, the 888tradingshop software seems ok now too after downloading the file it was fine. porkpie

19. porkpie324

porkpie324

IGO goes into the ASX200 tomorrow, I've traded IGO many times but this correction has lasted since late October, but I have faith so I took advantage of todays weakness and opened some positions, here's hoping. porkpie

20. porkpie324

porkpie324

Wrong again!! if I had a double headed coin I could'nt call it right this year!!.porkpie