Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Reactions
I also reflect on some of the big failures of companies I was invested in. I can accept that nothing is certain, that projects might not work out and that genuine errors can be made.

But IMV that wasn't the case with Linc Energy for example. The company knew its technology was failing from an early stage and just covered it up and left an emvironmental disaster behind
don't forget that major investor ( in Linc ) that is still too big to let fail ( in fact probably got ANOTHER bail-out recently ), nobody seemed to pursue them

( disclosure i had a very nice run in LNC but that was a combination of luck , instinct and skepticism )

Reactions
By relying entirely on the education system it removes all responsibility of parents to be involved. And most school leavers probably couldn't give a rats about it anyway. Too many other things to do.

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
By relying entirely on the education system it removes all responsibility of parents to be involved. And most school leavers probably couldn't give a rats about it anyway. Too many other things to do.
That is why it needs to be embedded in the curriculum from Grade 1.

Dollar mites in G1.

When maths is taught move on to compound interest etc ...

History ... Tulips, GFC, Magellan Finance.

gg

Reactions
With the internet and cold calling anyone can claim they are somewhere and they’re not, you can’t believe everything written on the internet is legit.

If you bother reading the news, educate yourself about these scams, they stand out, easy to spot.

If some random person claiming to be from an investment firm calls you of the blue, it’s best to hang up, don’t rush into things. I think it’s better to visit these investment firms in person rather than do everything on the internet, scammers use fake websites to trick people.

Reactions
given my age ( closing in on 70 ) many of my peers either have already fallen for those scams ( and learned something the hard way ) or have survived in blissful ignorance.
so not only do THEY not have a solid financial education , but neither will their children or grandchildren ,
so how can the parents pass on the knowledge they themselves don't have

now i don't expect every school-leaver to have the equivalent of a CFA ( or CPA ) but certainly sufficient wisdom to ask pertinent questions of their financial adviser and wise enough to sense when something is awry