Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Holiday Photos

Reactions
This was just posted on a US automotive forum that that I read. Not sure of the validity:

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband, wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The husband is in the navy and has had some scuba experience. His son wanted a picture of his mum and dad in all their gear so he got the under water camera ready to go. When it came to taking the picture the dad realized that the son looked like he was panicking as he took it and gave the 'OK' hand sign to see if he was alright.

The son took the picture and swam to the surface and back to the boat as quick as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK. When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and absolutely panicking. When the parents asked why he said 'there was a shark behind you.' The dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said it was true but they wouldn't believe him. As soon as they got back to the hotel they loaded the picture onto the laptop and this is what they saw.

Attachments

Reactions
The problem you have as a SCUBA diver... in such situations you are probably better off staying where you are (down deep) and trying to stare the bloody thing down. You are most likely to get "hit" at or near the surface - especially if you are thrashing around trying to get out of the water fast!!! So much for the theory and/or training.... if I saw that monster I reckon the natural "flight response" may just take over!!!! I'd be either out of there or shark fodder.

Reactions
photos are easily photoshop ive seen a couple versions of this photo circulating. for more myth busting check here

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Re: Photos

Thunderstorm images tonight.Sorry about the graininess but they are stills of a movie.First a bolt strike and then a bit of a light up.lol.

Attachments

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions
Great photos Wys. I love storms too, nothing better than a good boomer on humid day. Normally there are plenty here in the summer, but this year was disappointing.

Cheers,

CanOz

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Great photos Wys. I love storms too, nothing better than a good boomer on humid day. Normally there are plenty here in the summer, but this year was disappointing.

Cheers,

CanOz
Thanks mate, 30 fps movie so the images can be caught like so.

The storm tonight was tame in comparison to some.I`ve seen strikes much closer and will be on the lookout for them this Oz summer.

Reactions
You guys will like this, it's an extreme slow motion clip of a lightning strike ...stunning!!

numbercruncher

Beware of Dropbears
Reactions
This was just posted on a US automotive forum that that I read. Not sure of the validity:

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband, wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The husband is in the navy and has had some scuba experience. His son wanted a picture of his mum and dad in all their gear so he got the under water camera ready to go. When it came to taking the picture the dad realized that the son looked like he was panicking as he took it and gave the 'OK' hand sign to see if he was alright.

The son took the picture and swam to the surface and back to the boat as quick as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK. When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and absolutely panicking. When the parents asked why he said 'there was a shark behind you.' The dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said it was true but they wouldn't believe him. As soon as they got back to the hotel they loaded the picture onto the laptop and this is what they saw.

That story doesnt add up ....

1/ How many cameras do you need to wait to upload pics to a PC before viewing ?

2/ you would 'sense or feel that monster behind you !

3/ The kid wouldnt just bail after the pic he would point at the thing and the oldies would look !

4/ The skipper saw it and would of sounded a warning alarm !

5/ It would of eaten them, look how hungry the lil bugger is ~

just feels like a hoax to boot ...

doctorj

Hatchet Moderator
Reactions
You W.A. boys would know this area.Was there 7 days ago for my brothers wedding to a beautiful woman.
Thanks for sharing those photos.

I was in Guernsey a few weeks ago and at the time I was struck by just how similar the coastline was to that area you photographed. Looking at your photos, all that's missing is a few old German pillboxes built into the cliffs.

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Thanks for sharing those photos.

I was in Guernsey a few weeks ago and at the time I was struck by just how similar the coastline was to that area you photographed. Looking at your photos, all that's missing is a few old German pillboxes built into the cliffs.

That`s fine.Do you have any? :)

This was a storm brewing viewed from an island on the Great Barrier Reef.It was very eerie.The ocean told me to remain calm, for the storm was yet to come.

SLR, tripod and time lapse amateur.

Attachments

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions
Absolutely awesome photos Wyz, fantastic!

CanOz

BentRod

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz
Reactions
Very impressive W.:eek:

Lightning photography has been a hobby of mine for years.

Pefect exposure on those pics....wow.

Looks like you had the AP opened right up?
What speed film you using?

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Looks like you had the AP opened right up?
What speed film you using?

They are scans of prints from awhile ago and I don`t remember.I pulled them out when I was looking through my collection for shark photos for another thread here.Always something happening on the ocean hey.

Did I tell you about the time a flying fish flew across the bow of the barge and didn`t find the water on the other side.Lol that was funny to see happen.Threw him back in the drink, poor fella. :D

BentRod

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz
Reactions
They are scans of prints from awhile ago and I don`t remember.I pulled them out when I was looking through my collection for shark photos for another thread here.Always something happening on the ocean hey.
They would make great blowups if you still have the Negs :2twocents

As for the Flying Fish.....good bait them :p:

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Not a holiday but a weekend away to check out some rich Australian history. Old copper and gold mining relics standing in the same place for a hundred years. Equipment bought in by dray and chimneys erected by hand.

2IMG_0187[1].jpg

1IMG_0189[1].jpg

3IMG_0200[1].jpg