• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

HALO Research Portal

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by samso, Sep 24, 2018.

1. samso

samso

Anyone know anything about this new software from the guys at the Australian Stock Report?

2. nashjasper

nashjasper

Hi there,
    I am trying to find out the same thing
    I have had a brief look at the program a run through with all the bells and whistles with a sales rep they are letting me have a play for a week , but I cant find any reviews on halo or the company other than a couple from 2006
    Anyone else have anything?????

3. Nettie11

Nettie11

Hello did you find any reviews on Halo and the company?

4. POR930

POR930

I was just wondering the same thing. Their webinars seem like, "lets get down to business".

Years ago, I was a buy and forget 'invester'. These days, while you may receive dividends, it can be at the expense of capital using this method. Since I have been short term trading, and pretty well ignoring dividends(if one arrives, a bonus) I have been doing much better. I have been a Market Matters client for the last three years.

5. samso

samso

I am using it and it is a good tool for looking at buy and hold kind of strategy. Good for confirmation information

edwje320 likes this.
  6. tradertradertrader

tradertradertrader

I've been using HALO for a couple of months, I also met some of the team at the Australian Shareholders Association last month.

I guess the main complaint for me is that it was a bit complicated at first so had to put the time in watching training videos and calling the help desk, apart from that its been pretty good. It has info on pretty much every ASX company and has heaps of scans (some with some pretty funny names like Fakey Shaky) and scans that show you anything from high dividend stocks with good fundamentals to what is it cheap and what's expensive and a bunch other handy information like broker consensus, I mainly use the portfolio analysis tool though.

It is pretty information intensive, it provides a lot of company information so I'm still finding my way around the program. Has anyone else had any experience with HALO or the same problem? There really doesn't seem to be much information from other users reviews on it or anywhere, or anywhere that I can find comparisons to other similar fundamental analysis based platforms.

From my little knowledge of other platforms it seems quite a bit better because the indicators are fundamental analysis, I think pure technical analysis is a bit hit and miss. The only other platform that seems similar is Stock Doctor which looks pretty outdated and ironically can be a bit short on information at times.

The Australian Stock Report representative (I don't know if I'm supposed to say his name) said that they're also launching US data soon which I'm looking forward to.

The ASR representative said that I should also look at their trading platform called ********. The brokerage seems cheap at $15 and it gives direct access to ASX and international shares, including the Canadian Exchange.

I can't find any reviews on ******** anywhere either!

7. WorleyPar

WorleyPar