• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: GTE - Great Western Exploration

1. YELNATS

YELNATS Non illegitimus carborundum

According to Uran, float was supposed to be today, I guess it's been delayed a day or so. I got my allocation, though my application was scaled back by 33%. According to Uran's April 27 announcement

Quote The Directors of Uran Limited advise that the Great Western Exploration Limited IPO has been heavily oversubscribed Unquote

Plus I also received Uran's in specie distribution of GTE approx 1 GTE for every 10.17 URA shares.

The oversubscription of the offer should be a good sign for the inital trading when it starts.

regards YN

2. motion

motion

Well, I got mine today as well I was surprised the amount I got just for owing URA... Lets hope it is better than URA...

3. Fool

Fool

Well its already more promising then URA because they actually have some land to stand on. :D

Don't know if I will hold GTE very long though, lots of other interesting plays at the moment which aren't spin offs of failing companies like URA :)

4. larry123

larry123

I also recieved my letter a few weeks ago,

does anyone know what price gte are listing at? I was looking on asx but i couldn't find anything.

5. larry123

larry123

Wouldn't this mean that there has been too many shares issued and more likely to turn prices downward?

Regards

Larry

6. YELNATS

Not really, they had to turn away applicants, or at least reduce their allocations, for eample I applied for 15k and only got 10k.

I'd be interested to know when they will list, I thought it was to be on May 23rd. Maybe their waiting for a suitable "up" day, although the past 2 days would have been OK.

7. deftfear

deftfear

Announcement out today saying that it will start trading on Tuesday 5th June at 12:30. Will be interesting to see what happens as there aren't a lot of shares on issue for this company with nickel potential.

8. larry123

larry123

Yes, and the issued price is only at 20 cents per ordinary share, total letdown. Something aroung the 20 dollar mark would have been nice. lol

9. deftfear

deftfear

Here is a link to an article about the upcoming float in GTE.

http://www.tradingroom.com.au/news_...ished/2007/6/154/catf_070603_160400_4279.html

Looks like only 4 million shares were for the public, all the rest went to URA shareholders, 5 million in-specie and 11 in the float. Could have a reasonable open considering the limited availabilty to the public.

Larry, I think you may be confused between the issued float price and the opening price. Float price is what people paid to receive shares in GTE and thsi is a fixed amount in the prospectus and the open price will be determined when it lists this week.

10. YELNATS

GTE opened at 26c and is selling around that price for the first hour or so. Not a bad opening, 30% up on issue price. regards YN.

11. Mousie

Mousie

Broken out BIG time today, high of 46c and up to almost 60% today. Nice float, glad I got in on it...

12. Mousie

Mousie

BTW yelnats may I ask if the 15k and 10k refers to shares or dollar value? BTW yelnats may I ask if the 15k and 10k refers to shares or dollar value?

13. YELNATS

Mousie, I got allocated 10,000 shares, having applied for 15,000. Wish it was $10,000 worth of shares, after today's lift-off.

Has anyone got any ideas as to the cause of today's run, maybe an ann. in the wind? Or maybe, the market is reassessing GTE's worth and perhaps it is apparent that it should have listed in the 40's on Tuesday.

regards YN

14. Mousie

Mousie

Yeah that's along my lines of thought; wasn't too pleased with getting only the minimum as well. If you'd gotten $10k worth I'd be expecting you to have held a lot of URA back then.

No idea as to today's rise personally, but with only a few ks in GTE I don't mind waiting to see what pans out.

15. skyQuake

skyQuake

Potential to have a run here if it breaks 22c. Support at 16.5ish

Explorer not producer still

Disc: I hold some

Attached Files:

16. burglar

burglar

17. mr. jeff

mr. jeff

Since Burglar's comment 3rd Dec. GTE has moved 17% on the drilling announcement of that day at Doolgunna.

No further news flow, but the sp is strong, has volume behind it and a bullish MACD. Whether this is a supported move who knows, looking into fundamentals now....about 11AM they were up 10% today.

Thought I would bump it for anyone interested. Could call it a potential breakout.

18. adobee

adobee

Anyone following this still ? I have been following TLM but decided to take a look at GTE as TLM has been so slow at getting any news out .. Could start seeing some news from drilling in next two to three weeks ..

19. adobee

adobee

Well looks like GTE just broke out with new high.. Someone is definetly expecting some good drill results very shortly .. would be nice if you were one of the SI at 30c..

20. adobee

adobee

GTE looking pretty positive.. should see some drill results shortly.. could be the next sandfire resources.. Decided to get some oppies for bit of exposure with minimal expenditure..