• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

GOE - Go Energy Group

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by clowboy, Oct 6, 2004.

1. clowboy

clowboy

I see SES is listed in this months MONEY magazines penny hopefuls (pg 27)
    Do you still have any holdings stefan?
    It is always reasuring when so called experts agree with thoughts one already has.

Any comments welcome, speculative stocks provide the most fun IMHO.

Admin note: Solco Limited (SOO) was previously called Solar Energy Systems (SES)

2. stefan

stefan

Re: SES

Clowboy,

Yes, I'm still holding and I'll keep doing so. This is one of the stocks I consider worth holding as they are growing and I certainly like the idea of solar energy. I have a feeling that alternative energies will gain momentum with such high oil prices which I mentioned a few times before on this forum. I believe that companies who work in that field deserve my support and therefore my money.

Anyway, long story short, I hold and I'll keep adding.

Happy trading

Stefan

3. clowboy

clowboy

Yes I would agree with you in that they will begin to gain momentum within a few years, however I dont know how much of that will be becuase of fuel prices (while not underestimating this factor). Personally I think that society is slowly getting on the bandwagon (so to speak) in terms of sustainable energy. Im not sure if it is a national law but it is certainaly law in WA (where I live) that houses (ones being built) must now meet enviromental standards (such as installation of insulation). Given the technological advancements of solar energy (ie there efficiency) and the huge incentives the govt gives for installing them it is certainly what I would install if I ever had the need arise.

Anyway I think that people generally want to go with the better option for the enviroment however as with everything cost is always an issue.

I would think that SES has a lot of potential and as always it will probally come down to managment.

I have been thinking about buying some stock for a couple of months now and the "tip" in MONEY further tested me but I am unfortunatley not in a posistion to take that sort of a risk ATM.

If you dont mind me asking what was your buy price? If you do NP.

Thanks for the feedback.

On a further note.......regardless of price fuel (oil) will eventually run out.

4. stefan

stefan

Hi Clowboy,

Well, history has shown that people only change when they have to pay a lot of money if they don't. Only a minority will invest into the future just because they feel that it is the right thing to do. The vast majority will keep burning fuel like there's no tomorrow and for once that's really true. As you said, oil will eventually run out. It's just sad to see that we will have to run out of oil before we will start looking for better ways. It proofs again that we're not changing unless there is no other way.

I bought my SES shares at .215 after it rose to 20 cents and formed a new solid level there. I was looking for solar companies for a while and that one seemed to fit the picture.

Happy trading

Stefan

5. still_in_school

still_in_school

Hi Stefan,

currently also holding SES, though giving this stock some time to mature... do you have any expectations of, what the stock could look like in the nearer summer months... IMHO the market depth is showing the stock really wants to break that .27 mark, with also the hope of Money magazine publishing the stock... could see a nice bump up...

Cheers,
    sis

6. stefan

stefan

Hi SIS,

No, I'm sorry but I don't have any expectations as to what this stock may be worth in a few months. I'm holding this one because I like it and because I think it has potential. Whether it will go somewhere within a few months is hard to tell. I take it that the money magazine is helping it a bit but then again it is already outside the buy price limit they set in there.

I'll just keep holding and I'll decide later on what to do once it starts moving above 30 cents (Which it never has so far).

Happy trading

Stefan

7. RichKid

RichKid PlanYourTrade > TradeYourPlan

The two stocks in money mag by Haslehurst are selections from the wider portfolio he describes weekly in the Bulletin's Speculator column. There was a whole page (almost) on SES in last weeks Bulletin so have a look there for more info.

Not all of Haslehurst's picks do well, some take a long time to come around. IMO, he buys and sells in a manner which makes it hard for readers to match as he only publishes weekly but I noticed recently that he gives some warning about the price he's looking to enter a stock at. His BQT and QRS picks from last months money mag have both gone south, BUT he did pick those in the Bulletin much earlier.
    Hope this helps (remember that Origin Energy has a big investment in solar energy too).

Check out the tip sheets thread for more info on the bulletin column.

8. JetDollars

JetDollars

If SES can breakthrough 25 Cents resistance then I think it will continue it up trend for a while. SES has been trading at or below 25 Cents since 13/08/04, but only one time it actually breakthrough the 25cents (24/09/04) then the bear take controlled and pull it back to 24cents.

The EMS (8, 16, 24, 32) indicated a buy signal two days ago. Volume has increased in the last 14 days of trading, but the RSI just reach the overbought level.

If SES breakthrough 25cents then it will be in my buy portfolio. I will keep a close watch on this stock for my high risk portfolio.

Attached Files:

9. stefan

stefan

Interesting chart, Jet.
    Yes, there is quite some resistance at 25 cents. I think we just have to wait until there is some news coming out of it that indicates a positive fallout of the aquisition they made recently. There are a few interesting things happening in that field.

I don't expect wonders and a price higher than 30 cents would already be a nice event. (Especially if it happens this month so that I can keep a top spot in the competition... )

Happy trading

Stefan

10. still_in_school

still_in_school

Link for SES - http://www.sesltd.com.au/html/investor.htm

SES has already attracted some major institutional support.

Unilever Pension Fund (and associated parties) - currently 33% Shareholder
    AMP Sustainable Development Funds Holds - 4%

though on the technical analysis, SES is still showing alot of bullishness, IMHO

Cheers,
    sis

11. stefan

stefan

sis, excellent points. It is always a benefit if the big players are starting to invest. I guess it will test the 25 cents this week and we will see what happens once it breaks it.

Happy trading

Stefan

12. clowboy

clowboy

Time to take some of the limelight of MUL

Next week should be an interesting week for SES with the annual report due on the 25th of OCT.

Given the way the market reacted to the investor update report on 27th july if the report is good news it may be a good week for SES

13. stefan

stefan

True. I had no intentions to post until next week but you're right. Too much talk about MUL! Time to focus on other stuff. So, yes, SES should slowly develop into an interesting company. I have to do a bit more reading about their future plans to find some hints regarding a possible move in its share price. I remain positive with an above 30 cents target. I'm looking forward to see some benefits of their recent aquisition so the annual report may give us some ideas about what's going to happen.

SES is one of about 5 companies forming my current portfolio and while I wouldn't put it up as a hot favorite, I certainly like the company as such.

Happy trading

Stefan

14. JetDollars

JetDollars

I think SES will either break $0.25 this week or fall back to around $0.21 support level.

I am stll waiting to enter my position.

15. stefan

stefan

SES in pre-open! Excellent investors news. First time profitable quarter with more than a million dollar cash in the bank after aquisition.

I like this company. Glad to hold some shares. Hopefully they can turn this into a success story.

Happy trading

Stefan

16. clowboy

clowboy

Well.

I was hoping for financials from the meeting (wasn't it on monday?)

Anyway the shares didnt really do much with the news did they?

17. stefan

stefan

The AGM is scheduled for 30 November. (See news released yesterday).

SES is probably not on a daytraders list as it doesn't have the volume to be attractive enough. So news like the one yesterday may take a while to push up the price. Mind you it is already trading at rather high levels and I don't expect it to go much above 30 cents in the very near future. It will certainly become more interesting after the AGM as we will see more detailed figures and strategies.

Happy trading

Stefan

18. clowboy

clowboy

fair bit of volume in SES today

Anyone have any ideas?

19. still_in_school

still_in_school

Hi Clowoby,

have been noticing that all day, though i think the volume is due to some reporting coming out in about 2 weeks time, just some buyers moving in early... thats my guess... though still holding stock at the moment, though waiting for a run above .30 cents, between now and the 30th of Nov, next reportings i believe...

Cheers,
    sis

20. stefan

stefan

SIS,

I agree. I'm holding, looking for 30+ myself. But I have to say I'm reluctant to sell. I like this company and their products. Will watch closely what happens during the AGM but I'd expect nothing good news all the way. I think they are really getting it right there and as such I'm pleased to be a shareholder rather than an investor who's in for the quick profit.

Happy trading

Stefan