Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

General Thread - A Plea to Look at Stock Threads

Reactions
I am heartily sick and tired of the postings on the General Thread by pigeon fanciers, squirrel lovers, lycra dilettantes, bicycle helmet obsessives, Gillard/Abbott haters, the bedroom exploits of our elected, digital pronouncements by connected hairdressers, wasteful infrastructure advocates of the NBN and political operatives.

By all means post political and other comment, but in my opinion we are entering a golden age of a bull market to surpass all others, and I personally would like to see more postings on stocks.

Many stocks such as SUN, WOW, BHP, RIO, WES, MYR, WPL and ORG to name a few, are too seldomly commented upon.

Having said that I enjoy the General Chat thread.

It is occasionally, though, like the winkey wankey bird.

gg

Reactions
Re: General Thread- A Plea to Look at Stock Threads

I am heartily sick and tired of the postings on the General Thread by pigeon fanciers, squirrel lovers, lycra dilettantes, bicycle helmet obsessives, Gillard/Abbott haters, the bedroom exploits of our elected, digital pronouncements by connected hairdressers, wasteful infrastructure advocates of the NBN and political operatives.

By all means post political and other comment, but in my opinion we are entering a golden age of a bull market to surpass all others, and I personally would like to see more postings on stocks.

Many stocks such as SUN, WOW, BHP, RIO, WES, MYR, WPL and ORG to name a few, are too seldomly commented upon.

gg
Agree absolutely, GG, I feel the current run has got ahead of itself and am currently readjusting finances.
Hoping for an entry point mid March.
However you must realise, we will be body slammed if Labor get back in. There's the winkey wankey bird getting back in in.:D

nulla nulla

Positive Expectancy
Reactions

gg
LOL, had to laugh given your record of "non stock" thread starting in General Chat. This is tongue in cheek..right? :)

tech/a

No Ordinary Duck
Reactions
Hardly answer or look at any general threads.

Specific stock threads are generally controlled by
One or more posters who have specific agenda's
IE seeing the stock discussed in as positive light
As possible as they own it.

I have on a few occasions taken the opposite view
RED PEN and as usual slammed.

Positive views on a couple of others HHL TGA
Less slamming but still the general feeling
Is bugger off.

So generally I bugger off. I've seen some absolute
Screaming stupidity and held back--- latest MAD.

XJO thread seems to have some knowledgeable
Posters.

I guess if there were more informed posters who didn't get
Emotionally involved in their individual stocks you'd
Have less direct attack ( not only on the duck ) on
Posters and a better thread participation.

tech/a

No Ordinary Duck
Reactions
FWIW my thought .... you enjoy it, else why keep going back!
FWIW I dont.
Youll notice I only return to 2 threads.
RED and PEN
Ive posted on a few others but by no means regularly.

If you want regular participation you need high quality content.
People including myself enjoy high content and sure I dont
mind an exchange where its not personal but nitty gritty analysis.

But a few squiggles a bit of kiddy exchange and youll lose any interest
in one click.---from anyone but the children involved.
Id bet none of them have enough to open an IB account let alone have enough
to trade with.

Yet people hang on to their jibberish with in some cases mis guided reverence!

T/H said you need the Right tools in which to trade.
Not a complete set/bunch of Tools!

Reactions
LOL, had to laugh given your record of "non stock" thread starting in General Chat. This is tongue in cheek..right? :)
Agree, a certain sang-froid in posting this thread.

I read all the other threads, and contribute when I feel able.

Some folk don't.

It doesn't take much.

e.g " The queues were long at Woolworths last weekend" for the fundamentalists, on the WOW thread.

Or an interesting chart or comment from excellent sites such as The Bull, with attribution of course on winners and losers today in the ASX thread.

gg

Reactions
Ever write a really long response and hit the back button a few times and it all disappears ? :banghead:

Anyway I said......I always follow the stock threads as there are some excellent brains in here but I don't contribute much because I'm not one of them.

The internet or real estate different story.........I dont go into the property thread since Robots left:cry:

Reactions
... e.g " The queues were long at Woolworths last weekend" ...
I had a discussion once about the turnover of Coles at West Lakes,
about it being the highest in the State.
I was asked why I thought that made it a good place to shop!
I was suddenly jerked into a new reality.
It might be that it was a good place to shop, and therefore popular!
It could equally be that they are ripping us (growers, suppliers, transport, employees and customers) off.

The queues were long at Coles last weekend
Could be because they were popular OR ....?

Reactions
Ever write a really long response and hit the back button a few times and it all disappears ? :banghead:

Anyway I said......I always follow the stock threads as there are some excellent brains in here but I don't contribute much because I'm not one of them.

The internet or real estate different story.........I dont go into the property thread since Robots left:cry:
I also look at the stock threads but rarely contribute. Although I have a share portfolio I am not a trader and don't do a huge amount of analysis (the way I pick my shares would probably make most of you shake your heads). I'm probably here under false pretences really :eek:

Reactions
I also look at the stock threads but rarely contribute. Although I have a share portfolio I am not a trader and don't do a huge amount of analysis (the way I pick my shares would probably make most of you shake your heads). I'm probably here under false pretences really :eek:
Thats so like me I could have written it:D