Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Future investment question

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am 17 years old currently studying a diploma of business in high school.
I am having trouble deciding what job to go for an was looking for some guidance, why do I come here to ask? Well I want to work in an investment type of job. I was thinking of getting into the investment analyst career overseas in a bank or hedge fund but I'm not too sure, I'm an all rounder when it comes to academics though I really thrive in a business setting (class & outer school) and I just love the whole investing/investment area.

Should I take on a career in being an investment analyst or are there other jobs I should consider, I haven't been exposed to many beside Jr/Sr Portfolio manager, analyst etc.

I would like to own a nice home and car also hope to earn around 100K+ a year why not aim high, right? haha

Thank you very much too anyone who helps :)

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am 17 years old currently studying a diploma of business in high school.
I am having trouble deciding what job to go for an was looking for some guidance, why do I come here to ask? Well I want to work in an investment type of job. I was thinking of getting into the investment analyst career overseas in a bank or hedge fund but I'm not too sure, I'm an all rounder when it comes to academics though I really thrive in a business setting (class & outer school) and I just love the whole investing/investment area.

Should I take on a career in being an investment analyst or are there other jobs I should consider, I haven't been exposed to many beside Jr/Sr Portfolio manager, analyst etc.

I would like to own a nice home and car also hope to earn around 100K+ a year why not aim high, right? haha

Thank you very much too anyone who helps :)
Why not do a degree in economics, then join a prop shop out of Uni for a while. That way you'll actually get to see the bonds in action, maybe even learn some equity trading. Then if thats not for you can go down the fundamental route.:2twocents

Good luck, wish i could do it all over again lol!

Reactions
Thank you for the advice !
I was thinking of doing a bachelors in Finance after my degree I don't know much on what economics is which is what I will be googling now.

What do you mean by a "prop shop"?

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions
Thank you for the advice !
I was thinking of doing a bachelors in Finance after my degree I don't know much on what economics is which is what I will be googling now.

What do you mean by a "prop shop"?
www.propex.net.au