• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Full time trading

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by blaz0430, Aug 13, 2014.

1. blaz0430

blaz0430

is it possible or does anyone live off the profits of full time trading? ( 1 day to a week)

2. Jason132

Jason132

lolzies.

3. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

... not the most auspicious first post for a brand-new member, is it ...

In reply to blaz0430:
    It is possible if you have a large enough capital base. Have you heard the old saw about "How to make a small fortune on the Share Market"? The answer is, "Enter with a large one."
    Trading one day a week is not full time trading. Anything less than five days a week, non-stop nine to five and longer, is amateurish dabbling. Internet Forums are teeming with amateurs who give themselves and each other High Fives when they have made a killing in a trade or two. But honest reports about trades that went that-away are few and far between. Make a list of contributors over a few years, profile those from early years by their apparent trading intensity and prowess; then check that list against today's active members: you will identify a vast number of candidates for the TV Show "Where Are They Now?"
    (Note the emphasis on trading: There are many members who meet for social chats and may buy the odd share or own a portfolio in the background. They will be unlikely to qualify as traders.)

Unless you have a sure-fire method to only pick winners, your chances of failing in less than a year increase exponentially with the number of minutes you take your eye off the ball.

4. Laura Prince

Laura Prince

I am not a full time trader yet. I am performing stock trading along with regular studies. Yeah, I am a student and have been doing stock trading as my part time business to pay off my student loan.

5. DJG

DJG

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be a conversation between two of the same people?

You could write the Nobel prize and they won't read nor take notice. Only copy and paste their usual Nigerian/Gold Coast crap.

6. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

You're probably right Dan. Laura's IP address is a suspicious one. ASF has very sophisticated anti-spam defences, but it is inevitable that a few determined spammers will get through the net. My policy is to give people the benefit of the doubt until the spam arrives. Then I show them the door. ;)