• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Free ASX trading games/simulations?

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by alwaysLearning, Apr 30, 2008.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. alwaysLearning

alwaysLearning

Is there any free trading software that is using realtime data from the ASX.

I practiced forex trading with Oanda FXTrade, which was great. Would like something like it for the ASX.

I'm looking for a similar website or program that will allow me to do this. If I could find that then I could practice some of the theories and ideas that I'm reading about in various books and forum posts etc.

I'd like to be able to practice trading Shares, CFDs, Bonds etc...

I notice that the ASX has it's own 'game' but the damn thing won't let me play because the registration period closed some months ago :banghead:

2. tayser

tayser

...there are very few and it's the primary reason why I gave equities the finger and got into FX when I first started out looking at markets. Relatively unorthodox to jump straight into highly leveraged products, but I've never looked back - and probably never will :p

3. alwaysLearning

alwaysLearning

which broker do you use for your FX trading? (if I may ask, out of curiosity)

4. tayser

tayser

I have a small Oanda FXTrade account (as well as a FX game) and will have a live EFX/MBT account within a month.

5. Robb

Robb

I think the asx runs 2 games a year, so there should be another coming up later in the next few months.
    I am currently participating in the Trading Places for university students game. They are supposedly having a Public competition soon, so perhaps keep your eye out for that. However, once again, it is run on 20 minute delayed data, which is a bit of a pain.

6. noident

noident

You can play the ASX CFD game: https://www.asxsmg.com.au/
    You can join it any time you want. It has some shortcomings, e.g. you can't participate in closing auctions, you can't buy over a certain quantity of shares (even if they cost $0.01), and there are only a handful of stocks to be traded. But still, the game is useful.

7. alwaysLearning

alwaysLearning

Many thanks for the link. I'll definitely be giving this a go :)

8. alwaysLearning

alwaysLearning

Yep I'll keep an eye out for when the next games begin :)

9. djracer

djracer

The Consensus Trader used to run trading games for both shares and CFD's. It was free to join and you could win $$$ if you won but I'm not sure if they still do it. To check it out go to www.theconsensustrader.com.au

Hope this helps.

10. rossw

rossw

11. NickF

NickF

Hi Tayser,
    I would be very interested to hear if after a few years later from your post you are still doing this and are still happy with how is going.

Cheers,
    Nick