Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Forget putting food on the table...

Reaction score
Re: Forget putting food on the table ...

They blame the sub-prime issue for the onset of a collapsing auto-makers market. Get real it is just sucking demand for somthing not affordable anyway. The car market has been reaping profits for years and now they find it tough because they haven't evolved into other forms of affordable transportation.

Reaction score

numbercruncher

Beware of Dropbears
Reaction score

I see your tax dollars are now bailing out the car dealers to the tune of a few Billion, which is hilarious seen as sales will/are slumping in this mega recession ....

So next time you wander past your local Car dealership and see curly leaning back takin' it easy (as usual ) you can feel warm and furry inside knowing that its your dime facilitating this !

:eek:

Reaction score

I see your tax dollars are now bailing out the car dealers to the tune of a few Billion, which is hilarious seen as sales will/are slumping in this mega recession ....

So next time you wander past your local Car dealership and see curly leaning back takin' it easy (as usual ) you can feel warm and furry inside knowing that its your dime facilitating this !

I hope Maccas & Hungry Yacks get bailed out when we can't afford to buy burgers!

Oh, and my local fish 'n chip shop too.

Oh, and my local Coles & Woolies stores too, and......

:cool:

Seriously, do the GuvMint wancar$ really believe guaranteeing loan funds to shonky car dealers will save them? If consumers don't feel "confident" enough to lash out on a Hummer or Lamborghini, loading up The Jerks at car yards with wads of OUR luvly cash (so's both they and the "lending" big bank can potentially profit) is hardly going to make a difference to that consumer's confidence to buy, is it?

Anyway, why buy now when next year they might be having "Buy One, Get One Free" Super Special Deals!!

Re: The F1 Fiancing Fiasco - It's an almost sure bet the Yanks will NEVER let their beloved Big 3 fall on their swords. Let's face it, our brother Yanks are Winners & Grinners - NOT Losers & Tossers. Right?

Expect All Yank Powered cars on the track soon, run by the new, mega-rich Ford, GM & Chrysler World MotoSport Teams, with un-limited, un-conditional backing from the US Treasury!

Jobs for all!!!

REJOICE!!!

:)

They WILL get their bailout.

numbercruncher

Beware of Dropbears
Reaction score

Morning AJ !

Yes I can see it now F1 cars with sponsorship graphics reading " Federal Reserve " or " US Treasury " .....

Its a new type of capitalism now .....

And after all Ruddy is following the US lead ...

Wonder what will happen when they realise everybody needs a bailout to return to profits created by the days of debt fueled spending ?

Reaction score

Morning AJ !

Yes I can see it now F1 cars with sponsorship graphics reading " Federal Reserve " or " US Treasury " .....

Its a new type of capitalism now .....

And after all Ruddy is following the US lead ...

Wonder what will happen when they realise everybody needs a bailout to return to profits created by the days of [size=+1]debt fueled spending[/size] ?

Morning bonecruncher ;)

I believe you have defined precisely what the term "bailout" means as applied in current financial circumstances.. viz..

Bailout - A sometimes irrational spending spree by a government authority to prop up a company that is collapsing under a mountain of debt. (ref: ASF Buzz Word Dictionary, 2008).

LOL

PS: how's the pin going? I'm finally in shoes (was able to get one over my healing broken little toe a few days ago and been walking short distances since. Even managed a short BIKE ride a day ago! YIPPEE! (poor bum felt it though, having been off bike for near on 3 months :) )

Hope you are gonna have a GREAT Xmas and speedy recovery, mate!

Chiz,

aj

GreatPig

Pigs In Space
Reaction score

I believe you have defined precisely what the term "bailout" means as applied in current financial circumstances
I remember the good old days when "bailout" was just an indication that the hay press was working correctly.

GP

explod

explod
Reaction score

A great thread everyone.

Listening to radio this morning, BBC crew at an Envioronmental Expo in the UK. One commentator pointed out that if the subsidies supporting the oil industry were applied to the renewable solar, wind, wave industry it would soon be cheaper (Remeber the first TV sets) and can supply all our power needs.

numbercruncher

Beware of Dropbears
Reaction score

Morning bonecruncher ;)

I believe you have defined precisely what the term "bailout" means as applied in current financial circumstances.. viz..

Bailout - A sometimes irrational spending spree by a government authority to prop up a company that is collapsing under a mountain of debt. (ref: ASF Buzz Word Dictionary, 2008).

LOL

PS: how's the pin going? I'm finally in shoes (was able to get one over my healing broken little toe a few days ago and been walking short distances since. Even managed a short BIKE ride a day ago! YIPPEE! (poor bum felt it though, having been off bike for near on 3 months :) )

Hope you are gonna have a GREAT Xmas and speedy recovery, mate!

Chiz,

aj

Woohoo great to see you are making some good gains !

My healing seems to have come along faster than expected just had an xray and got told I can go partial weight bearing immediately and start full weigt bearing in 2 weeks ..... might be conquering mountains again in a few short months ??

You have a great festive season too ! :D ( go easy on the dIsCo dAnCiNg )

explod

explod
Reaction score

Woohoo great to see you are making some good gains !

My healing seems to have come along faster than expected just had an xray and got told I can go partial weight bearing immediately and start full weigt bearing in 2 weeks ..... might be conquering mountains again in a few short months ??

You have a great festive season too ! :D ( go easy on the dIsCo dAnCiNg )

Yeh food man, the bread, money,debt, promise. But its Saturday the worst news is allways Fridays.

You two dudes have probably been sufferring much more than I and both wished me the best.

The best of wisdom to you.

cheers explod