Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Football WORLD CUP 2018

Logique

Investor
Reactions
Thanks Dutchie. Tough group, if hardly a 'Group of Death'. Decent draws for England and Japan. Portugal and Spain in the same group will be interesting.

Reactions
Aust Vs France - 16 JUNE 8.00 pm AEST on SBS

Aust Vs Denmark - 21 JUNE 10.00 pm AEST on SBS

Aust Vs Peru - 27 JUNE 00.00 am AEST on SBS

Whole draw (PDF) in AEST

Attachments

Logique

Investor
Reactions
Well it all starts tonight!
My tips:
To progress from Group C: France and Peru
The tournament winner: Germany
Value bet: Belgium at 10.00

Reactions
My tips:
To progress from Group C: France and Peru
The tournament winner: Brasil

Reactions
Well the Socceroos put up a great fight against France and were unlucky to be beaten in the last 10 minutes. I think they deserved a draw. That goal will probably be the difference in them moving on to the next round.
Anyway so far, neither France nor Argentina (who drew 1-1 with Iceland) will be lifting up the Cup. There goes my prediction. (France is the highest $ valued team in the Cup).
Spain and Portugal (3 - 3) still look like they have potential.

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
I thought the Aussies played well until the action sped up in the second half. The Socceroos controlled the ball very well up until that point then handed over possession and made basic errors more often as France attackers pressured them. Unlucky with the penalty which showed the slide tackler made contact with the ball first. The whistle tends to blow in favour of the attacker for any dispossession where body contact is made. The dive all important for the sooks.

Reactions
I thought the Aussies played well until the action sped up in the second half. The Socceroos controlled the ball very well up until that point then handed over possession and made basic errors more often as France attackers pressured them. Unlucky with the penalty which showed the slide tackler made contact with the ball first. The whistle tends to blow in favour of the attacker for any dispossession where body contact is made. The dive all important for the sooks.
Didn't see the game, thanks for the summary, sounds like it was an entertaining game and we weren't humiliated.
Great news, the team can only get better for the run, France isn't a second tier team, so a run with them that didn't see a thrashing, is a great outcome.

Logique

Investor
Reactions
Germany a goal in the last minute of extra time against Sweden. Their campaign was hanging by a thread. Heartbreaking for the Swedes.

Reactions
France 4 - Argentina 3

Uruguay 2 - Portugal 1

Spain 1 (3) - Russia 1(4)

Croatia 1(3) - Denmark 1(2)

Those penalties..