Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Finding a stock broker/brokerage website

Reactions
Title says it all really, I'm about to start investing on ASX and can't decide between different brokers. I don't want to pay a premium on brokerage that offer advice as i already have my share investments planned but at the same time i don't know it all, currently i'm leading towards Commsec, are there any brokers anyone would recommend or have had a good experience with? As right now besides the pricing i can't really differentiate between them

Reactions
Re: Finding a Stock broker / Brokerage website

Title says it all really, I'm about to start investing on ASX and can't decide between different brokers. I don't want to pay a premium on brokerage that offer advice as i already have my share investments planned but at the same time i don't know it all, currently i'm leading towards Commsec, are there any brokers anyone would recommend or have had a good experience with? As right now besides the pricing i can't really differentiate between them
Interactive Brokers are clearly the best broker IMO - however there are a few limitations for Australians because of regulatory issues regarding margin and forex. Cheapest commissions around for retails traders, which is vital.