Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

EVT - Event Hospitality and Entertainment (1 Viewer)

Reactions
Noticed there is no thread for AHD so thought i might add one.

AHD has been around for many years and owns quality assets such as:
The Thredbo alpine resort, the state theatre, cinemas (birch, carrol & cole and greater union) and Rydges Hotels and Resorts.

Although AHD has exposure to the current economic climate, with lower occupancy levels in hotels and less people going to the snow, i beleive that it's quality assets warrant an argument for AHD to be a long term buy.

Huntley's recommendation for AHD is currently Accumulate and it said that:
AHD has evolved through stringent cost management initiatives to derive acceptable economic returns from assets in mature industries. Its proactive approach to differentiate and innovate while managing costs has enabled it to milk assets for cash. We expect it to continue to implement a range of strategies to ensure it retains its track record of delivering healthy fully franked dividends.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on AHD?

Thanks in advance

Reactions
Re: AHD - Amalgamated Holdings

After looking at this stock for a couple of days, I'm liking it so far. Going to look over its previous annual reports a little more before I buy into it, probably wait for a bit of a price pull back too. But fundamentals look strong from what I can see.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions

AHD would appear to be a great "in and out" type of stock...at least it has
been over the last 12 months or so, must have an in depth look at AHD.

Attachments

• AHD1year.JPG
    AHD1year.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 27
Reactions

Is anyone currently watching/analysing AHD?

It is currently in my portfolio and been sitting really flat. I've noticed a low correlation with the market since their recent share rights offer.

What would someone analyse the market psychology on AHD to be? My research shows me minimal grounds to make any assumptions.

System

Administrator
Reactions
On December 22nd, 2015, Amalgamated Holdings Limited (AHD) changed its name and ASX code to Event Hospitality and Entertainment Limited (EVT).

Dona Ferentes

Cacoëthes blogendi
Reactions
Covid would have knocked the wind out of EVT sails.

EVT has four main operating divisions, namely Entertainment, Hotels & Resorts, Entertainment Technology, and Property & investments. EVT conducts its operations in Australia, New Zealand and Germany. (though 2 of the four are probably doing quite well).

1618633009315.png

.............................. Revenue ................................ ...................... Operating Margin ............... ................... Net profit after abnormals ........

Market cap $1.9 billion.

Dona Ferentes

Cacoëthes blogendi
Reactions
Covid would have knocked the wind out of EVT sails.

Shareholders pretty stodgy

Carlton Investments Ltd 56,588,377 35.11%
Perpetual Limited and subsidiaries 23,792,354 14.76%
Investors Mutual Limited 11,420,540 7.08%

Users who are viewing this thread