Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ETIS - Exchange Traded International Securities (1 Viewer)

Reactions
Commsec are offering free brokerage on the float of the new ETIS's. I think theres about 50 or so leading NYSE equities.

My question is: Will this give me exposure to exchange rates.

I want to take the position that the AUD is overvalued and will depreciate. Thus if I invest in NYSE ETIS's I will capitalize on this position.

Haven't really read up on it a lot, but they essentially peg the price of the ETIS with the NYSE after conversion at the exchange rate.

Pretty sure im correct on this, but wanted some backup.

Thanks.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Commsec are offering free brokerage on the float of the new ETIS's. I think theres about 50 or so leading NYSE equities.

My question is: Will this give me exposure to exchange rates.

I want to take the position that the AUD is overvalued and will depreciate. Thus if I invest in NYSE ETIS's I will capitalize on this position.

Haven't really read up on it a lot, but they essentially peg the price of the ETIS with the NYSE after conversion at the exchange rate.

Pretty sure im correct on this, but wanted some backup.

Thanks.

35 stocks not 50

http://www.commsec.info/etis/about.aspx

And the free brokerage offer has closed

Yes you get full currency exposure, your buying something priced in USD with AUD.

Reactions
OK but will these ETIS be bolted to the corresponding US stock, or attached by a bungee cord? I'm guessing its the latter, and I'm guessing the liquidity will be low as well.
They seem to be wording it as 'gain exposure'. Buying the iShare japan ETF is 'gaining exposure', but it is nothing at all like buying a nikkei index.

If you want to buy Google stock, one needs to be with IB methinks. Or just use a CFD if you want to 'gain exposure'.

Users who are viewing this thread