• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Elite Traders

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by Megabuzz, Apr 6, 2009.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Megabuzz

Megabuzz

I am currently in the market for a futures trading platform with access to a live trading room with the option to piggy back trades by pros.

I have looked at Elite Traders. Do you have any comments to offer on Elite or suggestions of other companies that do this well?

I have been a successful equities trader for 20 years and am looking to expand my scope into futures with well managed risk. Any other advice in getting started is also very welcome.

Thanks for you help.

Megabuzz

2. investorpaul

investorpaul

can someone please ban this guy its obviously spam

3. Trembling Hand

Trembling Hand Can be found on the bid

Man your Spam is as subtle as a poke in the eye.

Please tell us about your successfully 20 years of trading!!

4. sammy84

sammy84

I'll have 20 of whatever it is that your selling...actually...make it 25.

5. Pager

Pager

They have Website, should tell you everything you need to know about them and how to contact them etc.

http://www.elitetradersgroup.com/

Its pretty expensive from what i know, run by 2 guys one of whom i remember used to work for Tricom, sure they both have been involved with other schemes and trader education costing thousands of dollars over the years.

They claim fantastic results but don't they all :p: personally wouldn't go near it but each to there own.

6. nunthewiser

nunthewiser

Dear megabuzz

Please ignore all these cyber trolls that are obviously jealous of your obviously superior expertise and experience and are only commenting here as they are victims of the "cut down the tall poppy " syndrome

i myself are bright eyed and keen to learn everything you know and do not let a couple of hoodlums in a forum put you off from sharing your vast knowledge on equities

They obviously have evil ulterior motives behind there posts and are not classed as having the same obvious genorsity that you obviously have

thankyou

a nun

7. sammy84

sammy84

After looking at their website, I am upping my order to know 50. There is a Mark Taylor testimonial. I mean who would trust Mark Taylor for trading advice....

8. kam75

kam75

I'd stay away from Elite Traders and that clown Andrew Baxter. Went to their seminar a while back. Total bollocks. Same old salesman he was when he tried to flogg off his $15,000 TradeTech software.

9. Megabuzz

Megabuzz

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like I might swerve Elite.

I would appreciate any suggestions of credible suppliers of trade recommendations for futures?

Or recommended reading, if I have missed one?

Regards

Megabuzz

10. brendon16

brendon16

elite traders group?

Hi, was just looking into this elite traders product...

Has anyone used it or heard results off someone that is into it
    looks interesting but cant help to think its just another standard
    hype on the internet with a nice advertising campaign.

Cheers Brendon

11. Medici

Medici

Well...
    I am not a pro trader, i am just a beginner (green as new grass).

Last knight i attended the so called Webinar with Mr Webster.
    All i can say is that for a beginner i spot the crap mile away.
    According to sales pitch i have to invest once of payment of around $4700 and then have a 10 to 15k to invest.
    For all this i will get 21 days training, mentor :)confused:) and access to SMS notifications of possible market movement (for option trading).
    After all this i have been informed that all i have to do is hold to my mobile and wait for the call ?
    What a crap...
    Why would i have the so called 21 days training if after this all i have to do is respond to SMS message suggestions.
    Another thing is that if i trade with them, my trading fee is with Halifax and it cost around $170 per trade ?
    What the....?

Does any one really is going for this ????
    I hope not.

Regards

Medici

12. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

Medici, you already have a very valuable skill ... well done.

:eek: Your kidding, right?

13. Medici

Medici

Timmy, i am not kidding. The trade is $170 per trade with halifax on margin calls.
    Have call from them tonight (usual follow up on suckers), and i politely denied theirs services.
    How can you stop them so nobody get hurt financially ?

Medici

14. Boggo

Boggo

Well done Medici, that's what I was getting at in the other thread last night, if you can detect bullscheiser at 100 paces you will do well.

You can't mate, people get sucked in by the smooth and well rehearsed patter.

I have been booted out (politely asked to leave) two "seminars" in Adelaide over the last two years, just could not sit there and listen to some salesman spout crap to some poor unfortunates who were going to hand over their hard earned money. In one case an elderly couple didn't even have a computer and were going to get one to implement this "great opportunity".

I only really asked about items such as brokerage, slippage, market gaps etc and in one case was told that my questions were too advanced for the group yet they were willing to take about $5000 off them, and that's not advanced !

Where was tech/a when I needed him :D

You are going about this the right way.

Cheers

15. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

====>>YOU<<====

There are few good futures texts apart from the odd decent futures options book. The Way of the Turtle isn't bad if you like mech systems.

If you can trade stocks, futures trading is not a lot different apart from the following caveats:

1. There are the mechanics to consider - notice periods/expiries, contract size (being aware of face value and volatility), margin, etc. There are plenty of resources for this.
    2. You didn't say whether you intend to trade commodity future or just stock indicies, but commodities don't trend the same way as stocks. They tend to stay in a broad range, break out every now and again and suck in the public, then collapse back into the range.
    3. There are different fundamentals.

16. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Respect! :D:D

Next time you do it, get someone to video and post it on YoooToooobe... that would be a laugh. :)

17. el caballo

el caballo

That is sickening to read - I wonder how these snake oilers manage to sleep at night!

18. kam75

kam75

Yep, the O'l Doctor Shmoo's.

[​IMG]

19. Boggo

Boggo

It seems that some of the personnel associated Elite Traders have taken exception to my comments on this thread and have somehow led themselves to believe that my comments were directed at them or were associated with their seminars, events or gatherings.

I am not sure how they have come to that conclusion, my comments were generic in nature and were based on two experiences with two seperate organisations who invited me to attend their 'seminars' and who then were unwilling to answer some basic questions (I am not sure why not ;) )

I have never attended any event hosted by Elite Traders (or anyone associated with them as far as I know) but if I ever did then their response to some of the same basic questions would shape my view of them which is currently in a healthy embryonic stage.

Boggo

20. nulla nulla

nulla nulla Positive Expectancy

He's an airconditioning sales man, right? surely you could trust him for financial advice, right?