• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Education in W.D. Gann's Trading Methods

Discussion in 'Trading Strategies/Systems' started by Stock Jock, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Stock Jock

Stock Jock W.D. Gann Student

Has anyone taken the Gann training from Chicago Day Trading. Please let me know your experience with this training and how it helped your trading. Would you recommend this or any other source of learning how to trade like W.D. Gann?

[​IMG]

2. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Spent or should I say wasted a lot of time on Gann.

There is so many “ Pressure Points” that can be determined through Gann analysis that in HINDSITE it is pretty easy to find a pressure point which coincides perfectly with price action.

So attempting to trade any of Ganns teachings ( which by the way make more money for the trainer than the method ) is impossible because you can’t tell in advance WHICH pressure point will or could be applied.

By the way when in Australia about 10 yrs ago Williams gave Bowden a $1,000,000 bet that he could be more profitable using Technical Analysis in its Bland form V Bowden’s Gann.

Bowden declined the challenge.
    Probably a million dollar decision which in itself didn’t use Gann!

Personally I wouldn’t waste your time
    There is much better out there and Gann is becoming if not is already “ Outdated “

soso likes this.
  3. Stock Jock

Stock Jock W.D. Gann Student

I can relate to your frustration. A quality trainer that teaches Gann's methods is hard to find with so many fake advertisements circulating on the internet.