Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

DrBourse TA Help for Beginners

Reactions
And here is another example of when to avoid the P & K Candle Patterns.
20220920 ANSLY OTC Cht with K&P.jpg
As you can see ANN (ANSLY on theOTC as an ADR) is a very confused stock.

Reactions
For those of you interested in Candlesticks, the following chart of the XJO is a great example of what is known as a “BENCHMARK CANDLE, & SECONDARY BENCHMARK CANDLES”.
20220929 XJO Benchmark Candles Example.jpg

The following pages 197 to 199 explain how to read the “Benchmark”.
Page 197 Benchmark Candle 1.jpg
Page 198 Benchmark Candle 2.jpg
Page 199 Benchmark Candle 3.jpg
I will add that the 3 Day Rule seems to be stretching out to 4 or 5 Days since late 2019, our economic circumstances have changed dramatically over the past couple of years, and so have some of the Commonly Accepted Parameters for TA Subjects like Indicators etc.

Cheers.
DrB

Last edited:
Reactions
Hi Rabbit & Farm,

I posted this a few minutes ago, not sure where it went, Cyberspace I guess, so reposting it here.

Suggest Caution over the next few weeks - IMO, XJO is heading for a Double Bottom at about the 6400 region - Most stocks should follow that ST Pullback.
Best to Keep your Powder DRY in the ST.
View attachment 146063
Might also mention that IMO Most Stocks are Within or Below their IV Ranges ATM.
Cheers
DrB
As a follow-up to my call on 29/8/22 for theXJO Chart, the following Chart comfirmed my call.
20221003 XJO Chart.jpg
Anyone out there game enough to make a call on "where to next for the XJO".
I have my own opinion on what will happen next, but I am interested in what you think.
Cheers.
DrB

Reactions
yes , UP and for all the very worst reasons , especially considering this is the day before RBA rates day ( and potentially the last rate move for this calendar year )

however i wonder if this is any more than a blip ( or manipulation ) in a major trend

Reactions
As a follow-up to my call on 29/8/22 for theXJO Chart, the following Chart comfirmed my call.
View attachment 147604
Anyone out there game enough to make a call on "where to next for the XJO".
I have my own opinion on what will happen next, but I am interested in what you think.
Cheers.
DrB
Hi Dr. I am not game to make a call. Tues maybe be another blood bath day for us unless tonight Monday, DJ do a high jump (Fri was a big drop of 500 pts)

Reactions
This XJO Chart is a pretty good example of how the Benchmark Candlestick Formation works by providing Upper, Middle, & Lower Sup/Res Lines.
20221021 XJO Chart.jpg

Reactions
Could be something brewing with LNK.......
Not much in the way of announcement updates.......AND, Personally, I'm not a fan of LNK - BUT - for the devoted LNK Punters, there are Lots of ST TA signals appearing out of nowhere.......
For example :-
Higher Highs, Higher Lows, Flagpole & Pennant, Rising Triangle, Piercing Candle Formation, Containment Candles Breakout,
All those TA Signals (and a few others) are explained in previous pages within this "DrB TA Help for Beginners" Forum.
ST TA Points to abt $4.00, LT could be much higher if favourable Announcements lob.

A Problem TA Signal is that Large Gap Down on 13/9/22 which produces a Minor Res Line @ $3.58, and the Major Res Line @ $4.48.....

Previous examples of the Piercing Candle Formation make for interesting research opportunities.
20221105 LNK Cht.jpg

Remember that the above is just the "Ramblings of a guy on a Cruising Holiday".....
Remember my TA is not a reco' to buy......
REMEMBER TO DYOR.

Reactions
DrBourse
Seen any Mermaids during the cruise ? :)

When you back?? Was hoping, you might have a look please at Newcrest, as it is doing thy head in.
Stay safe cruising the seven seas...
Farmerge sends his regards, he is a great grandfather now...

Kind regards
rcw1

Reactions
DrBourse
Seen any Mermaids during the cruise ? :)

When you back?? Was hoping, you might have a look please at Newcrest, as it is doing thy head in.
Stay safe cruising the seven seas...
Farmerge sends his regards, he is a great grandfather now...

Kind regards
rcw1
Depends on how much alcohol I have M8...... Lotsa Black Douglas (BD) = Lotsa Mermaids.
Last cruise finishes just B4 Xmas - so may be back here early 2023 - on the other hand if the Cruise Ships run outa BD I may drop in sooner.

Have not seen much of Farm since the bad ole CommSuc Days, say Hi 4 me, and welcome to the Grumpy Great Grandad Club.

NCM seems to have found support around it's IV of $16.35 to $18.55, Higher Lows & Higher Highs are abt the only TA Highlights atm.
No real reason to expect high $20's anytime soon - IMO their Dec Half Yrly Report (due late Feb) may be a turning point.
20221105 NCM Cht.jpg

CYA

Reactions
T
Depends on how much alcohol I have M8...... Lotsa Black Douglas (BD) = Lotsa Mermaids.
Last cruise finishes just B4 Xmas - so may be back here early 2023 - on the other hand if the Cruise Ships run outa BD I may drop in sooner.

Have not seen much of Farm since the bad ole CommSuc Days, say Hi 4 me, and welcome to the Grumpy Great Grandad Club.

NCM seems to have found support around it's IV of $16.35 to $18.55, Higher Lows & Higher Highs are abt the only TA Highlights atm.
No real reason to expect high $20's anytime soon - IMO their Dec Half Yrly Report (due late Feb) may be a turning point.
View attachment 148859

CYA
Ta mate much appreciated
Safe travels.

Kind regards
rcw1