• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Dow Jones Chart

Discussion in 'International Markets' started by stockGURU, Mar 25, 2005.

1. stockGURU

stockGURU

Anyone care to air their views on the current state of the Dow Jones Industrials from a T/A perspective?

It looks to me like there is some support at around 10,400. Could get a bit sketchy if it falls through that level on heavy volume though.

Is the boogie man of further US interest rate rises terrorising the market?

Comments/analysis?

Attached Files:

2. DTM

DTM

:2twocents

Hi Stock guru

Nice 135 points up movement on the Dow today . I think that the Dow won't go up much further. If doesn't keep going up like it did today and ranges around today's price level, I would think that it will drop in the next week or so. It could also possibly drop dramatically tomorrow. I'm still bearish on the US and the Australian markets.

Off course if it keeps shooting up like it did today, then I would change my view.

Just my thoughts

3. RichKid

RichKid PlanYourTrade > TradeYourPlan

Just going by your chart very quickly it looks like a top reversal formation. WayneL and the others that normally trade the US markets would have a more informed view of the situation. Definitely need a longer term chart for it to be sure.

4. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

If the Dow goes much below 9800 then that wouldn't be good in my opinion. Long way down after that...

5. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

1/ My publicly uttered prognostications as to future movements are notoriously inaccurate.

2/ I am also very bearish medium term

But FWIW...

I think there is good support at arouind 1160 (S&P 500) and the market bounced from that level yesterday. I think the market is good for at least a short term bounce.

This should impact favourably on the ASX short term.

But...we may have seen the high on the ASX for a while.

....my "guess"

Cheers

Attached Files:

6. reichstag911

reichstag911

MY POSTS FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

25/3/2005
    The XJO Baghdad Bounce and 'irrational exuberance' is _at last _ showing signs of a very overdue correction.

25/3/2005
    All i'm saying is that the bears are poking their noses out of the cave and contemplating a bit of a romp outside - within months ?
    I am not saying we are now in a bear market - i am saying we are _starting_ a much needed correction.

30/3/2005
    Temporary bottomed today at 4095 for the XJO imo.
    Nice short after the dead cat bounce.

18/11/2004
    My weekly USD chart is giving me definate bullish divergence.
    Perhaps precious metals will have a nice pullback (and buying opportunity) next year ?

25/3/2005
    Bearish on XAU + HUI + XAU in AUD.
    for this year and maybe longer...
    This is based on TA - not funnymentals.

Mar 28, 2005
    Bullish S+P500
    It has bottomed for the move : (
    and so it's up from here - only for the time being.

7. reichstag911

reichstag911

S+P 500 FIBO LEVELS

S+P 500 FIBO LEVELS.

Attached Files:

8. Cosmos

Cosmos

Some of you may remember my post on the DJIA a few months ago which ended up been correct.

The rise is not over yet, the pattern it is doing now is similar to what has happened in the past. You will probable see a test of 11k again before falling back, from there its worst target is 11.4k. But after that you are looking at a big fall from July to September before a strong year end rally. Should be similar to what happened in 1957, 1959, 1990 and 1998, just seasonal trend.

Should the markets break the 10'400 support it is holding now by a margin I will be wrong.

Cheers

9. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

DJIA climbing back confidently after the correction earlier this month. Now less than 1,000 points from previous highs.

big.chart.DJIA.gif

10. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Compared to subdued and bullish January, February was filled with wild swings and plenty of volatility. What will March bring?

big.chart.DJIA(2).gif

explod likes this.
  11. kitdoctor

kitdoctor

There will be a slight bounce off the 'hammer ' candle stick, then the trend down will resume. Ultimately the DJIA is on the way to 570+ to 1050+ some time in 2021.
    DJIA 2018 3 March 2018.png

12. peter2

peter2

Whoa, kitdoctor I'm hoping you left off about 20K on your projections.

13. explod

explod explod

Now this looks like a wild animal shaking its head. Can see some 2000 point days coming up soon in my view.

Interesting times.

[​IMG]

greggles likes this.
  14. kitdoctor

kitdoctor

Nope no mistake. In fact, technically it should go lower to where the 1929 stock market crash finished. Some two-hundred years of market data back it up. All of us can go hibernate like bears and just wake up on 1 January to confirm the trend is still down, then go back into hibernation. I know it's hard to believe.

15. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

DJIA can't make up its mind where it's going. Down another 335.60 points overnight.

big.chart.DJIA.gif

16. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

The Dow Jones roller coaster ride continues...

DJIA-1month.gif

17. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

...and so does the volatility. It's like the DJIA had a major personality change on 5 February.

Volume hasn't changed that much but the daily swings are larger and far more unpredictable.

Interesting times.

big.chart.DJIA.gif

18. explod

explod explod

What I find interesting is the increased volume (ignore April which is just rolling) from Trump's arrival.

[​IMG]

19. Cam019

Cam019

What I find interesting is the amount of people freaking out about a bit of volatility in the markets. People on twitter predicting bear markets and all sorts of ridiculous things. Not sure about you guys, but I follow price. Price says... bull market correction, not bear market. Almost certain to see a pullback to the steeper trend line. I still wouldn't be worried to see a pullback to the shallower trend line. I don't trade the US markets yet, but I am still long a few positions within the ASX.

XAO actually looks pretty good in my opinion too. Could potentially have found some support at that steeper trend line as well, but again, would not be surprised if price retraced to the shallower longer term trend line.

DOW:

DOW.JPG

XAO:

XAO.JPG

greggles likes this.
  20. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

The DJIA hasn't wanted to go below 23,400 so far this year but it looks like it's going back there to test that level again. Will be interesting to see if it holds.

DJIA-6months.gif