Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Djokovic Saga

Reaction score
Set for 9:30 am Sunday morning, another Court appeal, last chance saloon.

I wonder if this would have played out differently, if the player had picked up the phone last year to Fed Minister Hawke, and had an open conversation about a medical exemption, followed afterwards by some strategic media releases.

Wouldn't want to be in Craig Tiley's (T.A.) shoes right now.

Reaction score
Set for 9:30 am Sunday morning, another Court appeal, last chance saloon.

I wonder if this would have played out differently, if the player had picked up the phone last year to Fed Minister Hawke, and had an open conversation about a medical exemption, followed afterwards by some strategic media releases.

Wouldn't want to be in Craig Tiley's (T.A.) shoes right now.

That would be elite access wouldn't it ?

Yer average Aussie citizen wanting to return home can't just pick up the phone and talk to the Minister, they have to go through all the hoops first and wait 6 months to get an answer.

Reaction score
Surely you don't think that doesn't happen, Horace. You don't remember Tom Hanks being let in the country, when we were all locked down? And others?

I wouldn't mind betting that that was the actual case here at some level but screwed up and all turned into a schmozzle. I also wouldn't mind betting that its going to be the other way this time; the Judge is going to get leaned onto get the right decision.

JIMO of course.

Reaction score
Surely you don't think that doesn't happen, Horace. You don't remember Tom Hanks being let in the country, when we were all locked down? And others?

I wouldn't mind betting that that was the actual case here at some level but screwed up and all turned into a schmozzle. I also wouldn't mind betting that its going to be the other way this time; the Judge is going to get leaned onto get the right decision.

JIMO of course.

Of course it happens but it's not a good look for the pollies is it ?

Could be rumours of money in paper bags, that sort of thing while stranded Aussies o/s can't get back to see dying relatives etc.

Reaction score
Of course it happens but it's not a good look for the pollies is it ?

Could be rumours of money in paper bags, that sort of thing while stranded Aussies o/s can't get back to see dying relatives etc.
Yep!!

That's why I still think the Novak anger has been misplaced; He's the patsy in all this.

Reaction score
Yep!!

That's why I still think the Novak anger has been misplaced; He's the patsy in all this.
There is more impact if it is a high profile patsy, one Djokovic gets more airplay than 1,000 plebs like thee and me. 🤣

The media hasn't called him a right wing facist, nazi extremist, if it was you or I, that would be our fate by being an unvaccinated person exercising their right to choice.

Reaction score
So how did he get a visa ? Those are issued by the Federal government.
Here you go, the visa is basically a honesty box system, you fill in the boxes, if you don't have a criminal record the visa is passed.
If you have a criminal record, the program spits you out for further checking.

From the article:
Many have questioned how Djokovic was allowed to board a flight to Australia without the necessary visa.

"When you apply for a visa overseas, you get online and it's pretty much tick and flick. Australia doesn't have Border Force officers at every port around the world," the ex-officer said.

"We don't have the resources. It's impractical and it's not viable.

"So there's background checks done, they go through a process and ... you pop up in a database if you're a criminal or if you've got criminal history, you get looked at closely.

"Clearly Novak's not a criminal - we all know that. But because he's drawn so much attention to himself, that's what made him a target."

Reaction score
Yep!!

I believe Djoko being a patsy is about as likely as Ghislaine being a patsy.

He only "caught" covid on the 16th of December. with just enough time to "isolate" and get on a plane to Australia.... So had he not "caught" it when he did what was his plan? He arrived less than 3 weeks later - so he had already run out of time to get double vaccinated from most vaccines. J&J was probably his only option to play. Can you even get a J&J shot anymore?

There is more impact if it is a high profile patsy, one Djokovic gets more airplay than 1,000 plebs like thee and me. 🤣

The media hasn't called him a right wing facist, nazi extremist, if it was you or I, that would be our fate by being an unvaccinated person exercising their right to choice.
Anti-vaxxers need to change the narrative and start calling it 'pro-choice' It'll break the MSM. How can you be right wing and pro-choice?

Reaction score
The problem is @The Triangle , you can be anything the media wish to tag you with, they have vehicle which portrays everyone in any way they chose., you have no way of challenging it.
To a degree people have social media, but that is now being withdrawn if you have an opinion which conflicts with the narrative, which in most cases is controlled by the big money.

Reaction score
The problem is @The Triangle , you can be anything the media wish to tag you with, they have vehicle which portrays everyone in any way they chose., you have no way of challenging it.
To a degree people have social media, but that is now being withdrawn if you have an opinion which conflicts with the narrative, which in most cases is controlled by the big money.
I think if this were Federer, Nadal, or Serena there would be absolutely no drama. Djoko has never remotely been on the same level as those 3 with regard to general public respect. Still interesting the French government has given djoko a free pass to not be vaccinated at the French Open and no one in the world cares.

What matters is that we can still freely social media to peddle pump and dumps and investment scams to unsuspecting people.

Reaction score
I think if this were Federer, Nadal, or Serena there would be absolutely no drama. Djoko has never remotely been on the same level as those 3 with regard to general public respect. Still interesting the French government has given djoko a free pass to not be vaccinated at the French Open and no one in the world cares.
The thing is every Country has chosen its path with dealing with covid, rightly or wrongly Australia has chosen its path and it has to be seen to applying the rules as fairly as possible.
If Djokovic wasn't such a big fish, it wouldn't even get airplay.

Reaction score
Djokovic loses court case
By Paul Sakkal (SMH -Sunday night):
"Novak Djokovic has lost his attempt to overturn his deportation, a Federal Court judge has announced.
He will be required to leave Australia.
The decision was unanimous and Djokovic was ordered to pay the legal costs of the government..."

Reaction score
The thing is every Country has chosen its path with dealing with covid, rightly or wrongly Australia has chosen its path and it has to be seen to applying the rules as fairly as possible.
We've had businessmen and celebrities being able to quarantine in the comfort of their own homes. Actors getting exemptions and GTG passes approved to come to Western Australia when nurses and critical workers couldn't. Hillsong members getting to leave the country when no one else could. This case and the publicity is now a warning to the PM and all Premiers to make sure the rules do apply fairly to everyone. The media is going to be sniffing out others who get special treatment. Unfortunately it also emboldens our tyrannical governments to kick people out for essentially having opposing opinions.

I don't understand the laws. He lied on the immigration paperwork. Surely that's enough grounds to kick someone out. Stirring up anti-vax support seems rather silly as a reason to be kicked out. If anything his getting kicked out has now boosted the anti-vax resolve as they'll feel even more persecuted.

Really hope Djoko has some damming texts or emails from Victorian government or Tennis Australia which he releases for the public to feast on.

Reaction score
Djocovic having a clearance from tennis Australia's chief medical officer in late December, will give him grounds for a compensation payment IMO.

Reaction score
Whatever Djokovic lacked in composure ...
1642321586115.png

He has now made up in deportment:
1642321720645.png

Attachments

• 1642321564044.png
    1642321564044.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 4