• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Diggers & Drillers

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by nevieboy, Oct 6, 2008.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. nevieboy

nevieboy

Hi all
    Has anyone had any dealings with Diggers & Drillers newsletter.
    Something about Pebble stocks.

2. Nero64

Nero64

I have seen their adds through the daily reckoning. Looks ok though for the subscription price of $140 pa. You can get a 14 day trial. I might get it if I make some money soon.

3. Glen48

Glen48 Money can't buy Poverty

I found them ok trouble is there are so many with different info by the time you have digested it all the market has dropped 20 points.

4. nevieboy

nevieboy

HI N.
    Did you end up taking the 14 day free trial?
    If so, how did it go?

5. eddyeagle

eddyeagle

Anyone else on these forums subscribe to Diggers and Drillers?

Can anyone recommend it?

Thanks

6. Pivotonian

Pivotonian really really good looking

I've been a Daily Reckoning reader for a while now, so I just decided last week to subscribe on a 60-day trial.

Have read a few back issues, and seems pretty good so far, but will let you know when I've given it more of a chance. Their tip history seems a little checkered at first glance - they have some big winners but they also have some big losers. But I guess thats to be expected given they focus on mostly speculative mining stocks.

I also subscribed to the sister publication - Small Cap Investigator - also on a two month trial.

7. Chargin8

Chargin8

I just subscribed the other day. Its half price currently. First email was interesting because its about Aus gold stocks which Im looking into right now.

8. tommymac

tommymac

I am a subscriber for a couple of months now though to be honest I haven't kept up to date with my reading.

I haven't dealt much with newsletters but what is good about these is once a month you get a newsletter and each other week you get a shorter update.

9. CapnBirdseye

CapnBirdseye

Not just a question to you... but do you think the knowledge contained within has made you money, or is purely interesting?

10. minty

minty

Hi
    I subscribe to diggers and Drillers and Small Cap Investigator-both run by the same company. I prefer SCI- some of their tips have done really well- BOW, MEO, CCU,I like the way it is set out-they tell you exactly when to buy an sell! It's a bit like a legal pyramid scheme-they recommend it -people buy-then the day traders pick up increased volume and so get on board and this then validates their tips-Well worth the money in my opinion!
    Cheers

11. skalton

skalton

Agreed, I have made money with this same strategy.

But as of this month, Kris said that he will be releasing the tip sheet after market close.

For a day trader, this has really really stuffed up my strategy.

As a result, I am looking for any new tip sheets that are small cap with big daily moves on the day the tip is released. Any recommendations?

12. globstarr

globstarr

I read the September edition which had a gold focus for emerging companies in West Africa - read well, but then again, I'm a gold bug.

13. nevieboy

nevieboy

Hi,
    Anymore news on you guys that received their news letter.
    Thinking of joining.
    Is it worth it?

14. beaul

beaul beaul

I have read some of their stuff, it all sounds a bit too good to be true. I don't like the way they write, too much "spin" and you have to ask if they know so much why not use it themselves rather than sell it.

Maybe I am the old school but the way their information is presented comes across as spin, so how can i believe anything else they write.

15. Pivotonian

This is very true.

I've been following their picks for a little while now, and they've had some spectacular successes, but also some dismal failures (like buying WOR at $45 and IPL at $6.50). You need to do your own homework too.

16. Iggy_Pop

Iggy_Pop

Has anyone else had any experinece with Diggers and Drillers?

17. eddyeagle

eddyeagle

I think it's a decent report for the price. Good Value.

The author - Alex Cowie, writes in a clear, informative way and I like the themes and stocks he comes up with.

Their portfolio has large caps, mid caps, small caps and micro caps - something for everyone really.

Give it a trial - you can always ask for a refund if you dont like it.

18. Pivotonian

Thanks Alex.

19. Bilbo

Bilbo

I was thinking os subscribing to the "Diggers and Dealers" (D&D) newsletter, but this recommendation didn't impress me one bit:

portphillippublishing.com.au/research/OSI/0909l.php?s=P9AOK901

(You'll have to put yer own URL bits on that as I'm not allowed to post full URLS - I don't have the 5 posts yet)

By Doing My Own Research (DMOR) and knowing a bit about Lithium miner stocks and being a WA prospector myself, I soon tracked this recommendation to Galaxy Resources (GXY). As you can read for yourselves, it's recommended when it's a " $2.50 stock" back on 28/8/09. The price on 9/8/09 price was $2.49,,,,,,,,, it's high for the year after 3 day jump from $1.40. It's been all downhill since then and stands today at 1.20 (approx). It was recommended at it's "all time high"!!

Not a good advert is it! Looks a bit like a "ramp" or "pump n dump"

In it's favour there's been a couple of "tradeable if yer brave enough" swings that could have yeilded 30% or so in a week or so. But "brave" is the word.

On the whole though lithium stocks are worth a look as lithium could be the fuel cell of the future. But be warned, it could also be another uranium boom or another dot.com train wreck. Only for the brave that hit and run like foxes. I missed out last week on ORE. I went to place a buy order after vacillating for a week,,,,only to find it in a trading halt. After which it skyrocketed,,,,:bonk:

Oh well, there's always a stock somewhere and another bus will be along soon.

Catch ya,

20. Call & Put

Call & Put

I would highly reccomend them. I sat on the fence while there reccomendations were making money. For less than a $160.00 a year subscription you get weekly emails as well as buy and sell reccomendations + new monthly recommendations on a new share. The have a small cap newsletter along the same lines and again making good short & long term massive gains. Some of there reccomendatons in December 2008 newsletter were MIN $1.68 now $8.83. SLR .155cents Now $2.17, GIR .30cents Now $2.44as of today. So anyone starting out or experienced should seriously look at this newsletter. Its worth its weight in gold in my opinion. There latest reccomendation last month is CCC .057cents. I wonder where that will be trading at in a couple of years from now?