Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Dealing with a death in the family - specifically your child

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dSPWTBRh8&feature=related

i recently lost the love of my life, she was my first born child, she was killed in a single vechicle accident. In a second and she was gone. A country road, no speeding, a simple error of judgement. There were no air bags in the old car she had borrowed. But air bags would not have saved her. Her car hit a tree, the tree impacted into the driver area of the car.
I had built up a huge investment for her future. Now it all means nothing to me.
now that she is gone.
I believe I will donate all my assets , that I accumulated for her, to a charity of her choosing. She did not leave a will, but animal rescue was a theme that was paramount in her life.
I am just wondering, can you imagine, firstly having to bury your child, and then reflecting on your life goals and dreams, and where do you go from there, what changes you make for the future, after burying the absolute love of your life.

Reaction score
Re: The future of Australian property prices

i recently lost the love of my life, she was my first born child, she was killed in a single vechicle accident. In a second and she was gone. A country road, no speeding, a simple error of judgement. There were no air bags in the old car she had borrowed. But air bags would not have saved her. Her car hit a tree, the tree impacted into the driver area of the car.
I had built up a huge investment for her future. Now it all means nothing to me.
now that she is gone.
I believe I will donate all my assets , that I accumulated for her, to a charity of her choosing. She did not leave a will, but animal rescue was a theme that was paramount in her life.
I am just wondering, can you imagine, firstly having to bury your child, and then reflecting on your life goals and dreams, and where do you go from there, what changes you make for the future, after burying the absolute love of your life.

Oh hell I can't express my condolences strong enough.
You must try to work through this as best you can, I don't know if I could but you MUST

You will go through stages of grief, just take it head on and deal with it as best you can.

I'm thinking of you tonight.

Glen48

Money can't buy Poverty
Reaction score

The words to describe the pain have not been formatted yet and it will be with you for ever what if etc.. just shows how life is uncertain and you never know what you will be dealt with.
Sound like she was a caring child and loved animals so will be a good idea to donate... some how move on and pick up the pieces.
Be strong for the family.

Reaction score

I cant and dont want to imagine that but I imagine you would re assess your view of life, it's temporary for all of us but you have been dealt the ultimate lesson in how fragile life is.

From there I would just proceed forward as best you can, it depends on what family you have around you.

Reaction score

now that she is gone.

I offer my most sincere and deepest condolences. I shall say a prayer for you and her tonight, and I wish you peace for the coming moments.

Take care,
MW

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reaction score

i recently lost the love of my life, she was my first born child, she was killed in a single vechicle accident. In a second and she was gone. A country road, no speeding, a simple error of judgement.

My sincere condolences Kincella.

Often that's all it takes, just a moment in time to change everything.

Reaction score

So sorry to hear Kincella, my heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Sincerely,
MC

Reaction score

now that she is gone.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine the pain you and your family must be going through.

If you need help getting through it, there are people who you can talk to. I had something fairly bad happen in my family a few years ago and being able to talk to someone made a huge difference. Just don't bottle it up inside.:)

ETA: I really hope you don't take this as being at all "preachy", it isn't my intent at all.

Reaction score

Oh Kincella! There are no words, but I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Reaction score

Kincella, my deepest condolences, so sorry for your loss. There are no words to describe your pain.

This also happened to a very close friend of mine (2 in the car). Heart breaking.

Reaction score

Kincella, I am so sorry to hear that.
My prayers are with you and your family

Off Topic - this should be moved to its own thread.

explod

explod
Reaction score

Kincella our hearts go out to you.

Deepest sympathy to you and your Family from my wife and I.

moXJO

menace to society
Reaction score

I am so sorry for your loss kincella.

Knobby22

Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast
Reaction score

I too am so sorry for your loss.
Just awful.

Reaction score

I appreciate all your kind thoughts and condolences. Thank you

Reaction score

Kincella - I'm very very sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers

Julia

In Memoriam
Reaction score

I've just caught up with this thread, Kincella. I'm so very sorry. I'm also aware of how banal and useless that sounds.

Losing a child must be unimaginably devastating. It is out of the natural order of things.

I hope you have friends and family with whom you can share the grief which must be overwhelming.

I'll be thinking of you.

Julia

Reaction score

my thoughts are with you.
Words can not help much but if I can: try to talk it out with genuine friends.Do not keep pain inside.

Reaction score

I appreciate your kind thoughts and advice....
I am going through this surreal journey, of taking the time, to actually recall and remember almost every memory , every moment that I can recall, of our journey through life together, that I had with my gorgeous daughter.
I feel, think I need to stamp it in my memory, and record it all over again.
This is not something I am ready to share with the other members of my family.
We had a beautiful bond, a love and respect we shared together. That bond was unique to us as individuals. Other members of my family had different characters, with different memories of her.
I believe her soul only lives on, with the people she came into contact with in her life.
I used to believe in another life in heaven, but after losing my mother before I was 18, my father at 26, my darling brother 4 years ago, and now my first born child, I now believe their souls only survive with the living.
So whilst I am alive, and all the people who knew her, her soul will live on. but when all of those living souls pass on, so too will her soul.
I am also torn with my Christian beliefs. That god only takes the ones he loves for a reason. Or to stop their suffering.
At the end of the day, there is nothing in my life, without my beautiful child beside me.
All the hard work, ambitions and goals, which I achieved, mean absolutely nothing to me now.
But at the same time, all of her hard work, ambitions and goals meant everything to me.
It truly is a traumatic journey, that the loss of a child takes you on.
I would give everything ,every worldly asset I hold in this world, to have her here with me, alive again.

Glen48

Money can't buy Poverty
Reaction score

Keep talking we are all listening and sharing, your life will never be the same from now on the left on light switch means nothing any more.
Those of us who have been though a divorce know the pain of seperation and the only prescription is time.