• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CVN - Carnarvon Petroleum

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by yogi-in-oz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. barney

barney

Pleased you've had a good win on CVN @Miner ….. We all need the odd CVN to keep the trading account in the green:)

No idea regards Agentm … I wonder whether @Joe Blow could try to track him down because his Oiler knowledge was spectacular. I think Hangseng may have copped a bit of flack over PEN when it hit the fan after Fukushima but that was out of everyone's control …. I suspect he did ok out of PEN but not as well as he could have ….. Lots of good posters go MIA unfortunately.

Miner likes this.
  2. Miner

Miner

Correction - I sold off only 33% of my holding after the first trading halt was cleared to have zero cost of the balance 2/3rd investment. Will watch the market before selling off. But capital gains will take half of the profit.

3. Miner

Miner

thanks Barney. I am sure Joe will track down Agentm.
    Regarding PEN - yes unfortunate. Hangseng put lots on that. Probably became one of the top 20 holders then. But uranium shares now returning back with clean energy. WHich does mean bad days for oilers.

4. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, Agentm hasn't logged into his account since 2015. I'm not sure why this is the case or whether he will return to ASF in the future. We will just have to consider him MIA for the moment and hope he comes back at some stage.

Miner likes this.
  5. HelloU

HelloU

OT
    (....competitors boarding up, world demand increasing, production technique maybe change, US senate wanting US sourced...) watching and reading......

6. UMike

UMike Captain Klutz

Still in but have no clues how this will ride.

Been a long ride though.

7. UMike

UMike Captain Klutz

Back to being a roller coaster.

8. barney

barney

Oilers are tough ….. Large pay zone but the Wireline logs were not as expected. Still looks promising but a long wait for confirmation.

9. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel

It seems to have stabilised around the 35c mark and gradually building. Surely this is undervalued!

10. peter2

peter2

I believe they found a bit of oil recently.

The chart below is part of a research project and should not be considered a recommendation to buy this stock. If you want to read more about the project log in to read the P2 Weekly Portfolio thread.

Setup: High volume bullish bar, off support Grade A as the initial risk is wide
    Buy limit: 0.37, iSL 0.31, initial target 0.60

cvn200119.PNG

Trav., debtfree and Miner like this.
  11. Miner

Miner

Trav. and debtfree like this.
  12. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel

to instos and sophs only...

13. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel

Per tipping contest rules - This one is either going to moon or stagnate due to the drilling program that has just started.
    JIMHO

Trav. likes this.
  14. peter2

peter2

The recent capital raise was for 151Mill shares at 0.33. The prior closing price was 0.37 and I would have expected to see the price fall approx 10% after the event. However I notice that it didn't and has risen higher since then. IMO that's very bullish. They think they've got a lot of oil down there but they don't know how big.

cvn1903.PNG

Miner likes this.
  15. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

@Joe Blow @Miner

pretty sure the same Agentm is over at the site with the name we dont say outloud .....

agentm 2319123191.png

+ smoke signals sent.......

Miner likes this.
  16. Trav.

Trav.

CVN closed @ $0.435 and appears to be trending sideways while they wait for the drill rig to be mobilised to site.

Drilling due next month as per article below.

https://www.pipeliner.com.au/2019/04/17/dorado-drilling-set-for-may/

Dorado drilling set for May
    17 April 2019

Joint Venture (JV) partners Santos and Carnarvon Petroleum will commence a three well drilling program at the Phoenix Project next month.

Starting with the Dorado-2 appraisal well, the JV’s 2019 drill campaign will also include the Roc South-1 exploration well, situated 13 km from Dorado, and the Dorado-3 appraisal well.

One of the most closely watched Australian oil prospects in recent times and located on Western Australia’s northwest shelf, Dorado-1 made headlines last year after the oil discovered in the area was described as “staggering”.

In the company’s quarterly report, Carnarvon said the Noble Tom Prosser drill rig is currently in the nearby Carnarvon basin and will move to the Dorado location shortly.

Carnarvon said the upcoming drill campaign will be instrumental in achieving a final investment decision on the Phoenix Project, which is aimed for the end of the next calendar year.

Carnarvon possesses a 20 per cent interest in the project, while operator Santos holds the remaining 80 per cent after its 2018 purchase of Quadrant Energy.

Skate and Miner like this.