• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: CVN - Carnarvon Petroleum

1. Miner

Miner

Dear @peter2 , @barney , @Garpal Gumnut
    I am contemplating an overwhelmed feeling on the solidarity expressed by you trio to myself and @Trav.
    A big thank you indeed.
    So that you do not get utterly worried, like @Trav. said he was on breakeven, I was still on the plus side of original invested price as per closing price of today. So it is all good. I have made paper losses so long, not sold out on panic. CVN is still of good value and the market reacted as it would have given the opportunity to re-enter. It is not a dud share for sure. Speculative investment has a high risk. So it is similar or probably better than FAR.
    What is nice to see the fraternity of ASF forum people and it is a very rewarding feeling for me - money comes and goes but good feelings are eternal. Sorry for becoming philosophical :)

2. Miner

Miner

Good morning all
    CVN published two reports this morning.
    Cash Flow and Quarterly report
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190710/pdf/446hzz5c5x95y3.pdf
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190710/pdf/446j0166szph2t.pdf
    Many a times I wonder to understand transparencies or more accurately alignment between MD /CEO reports published for the share holders and employees .
    The reports for shareholders are always encouraging, rosy, and pleasing for the CEO/MD. So essentially shareholders kept invested and the CEO gets his or her bonus on upper range.
    The same person, when publishes performance report to the employees, put a pessimistic assessment for the previous year narrating why the employees and contractors (where they are eligible) would not get full quota of bonus due to several milestones not met.
    Double standards for sure

just_jay, Skate, barney and 2 others like this.
  3. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel

I've been following them closely. The quote that really gets me hot and bothered was from Fred Wehr from Quadrant at the time "the low case is solidly commercial, the mid-case is awesome and the upside is staggering."
    I'm not trying to time it, but the drill bit has been doing its thing for a month or two now so there will be more announcements to come - I trust that they will say the right things.

4. Trav.

Trav.

5. peter2

peter2

I believe they found a bit of oil recently.

The chart below is part of a research project and should not be considered a recommendation to buy this stock. If you want to read more about the project log in to read the P2 Weekly Portfolio thread.

Setup: High volume bullish bar, off support Grade A as the initial risk is wide
    Buy limit: 0.37, iSL 0.31, initial target 0.60

cvn200119.PNG

Trav., debtfree and Miner like this.