• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum
  1. Guest, entries in the Full CY 2020 Tipping Competition are now open and close at midnight on 31 December. With $1,850 in cash to be won you'd have to be crazy not to enter. Please post your entries in the Tipping Competition for Full CY 2020 thread in the ASX Stock Chat forum. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CUV - Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by Disco Stu, Dec 11, 2006.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Disco Stu

Disco Stu

This stock was formally Epitan (EPT). There was some buzz about it a year or two ago when they were looking at cosmetic applications for their melanotan drug. They are now more into clinical applications of the renamed drug.

It looks like they are still a couple of years off finalising the trials of the drugs. The last couple of days has seen sp climb a bit. Any one have any comments about this or the stock in general?

2. sam76

sam76

Re: CUV - Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Ltd

this stock had A LOT of chat over at hc.

be wary..

3. daaussie

daaussie

with the recent rise, i think they have finally done it. the tanning industry is a huge industry, and their technology is a tanning compound, one that stimulates the body to make its own melanin, hence it is a real long-term tan, without needing to get burnt or tan in the sun!
    As far as I am aware, a tan is reactive in the sense that once your body is harmed by UV, it stimulates melanin production as a defence mechanism. CUV have a great compound because it is a natural hormone which stimulates the production of melanin without exposure to UV.
    Great for long term tans, without needing a solarium, long periods on the beach, the time spent getting a tan, and best of all no UV exposure.
    I think it will be a hit in the industry.

4. daaussie

daaussie

CUV finished the day on 69.5 cents! what a ride!

5. Disco Stu

Disco Stu

It's been an interesting ride since they were down to around 0.30 during August. The volumes have been picking up since August as well compare to the months before as well.

6. G-Zilla

G-Zilla

Hi guys,

im watching CUV as I have seen what malanotan II (a CUV1647 analogue) can do. Im interested does anyone know what happened to the trials of CUV1647 when it was called melanotan? As I have read it would seem like CUV1647 is being marketed as a clinical drug while melanotan was marketed as a cosmetic drug. From what i've seen Melanotan works brilliantly so im very interested to hear why they had to rename etc.

Cheers.

7. daaussie

daaussie

Well, i bought cuv yesterday, and look today like it will go about 70-75cents. Nice choice :)
    I remember when it was called epitan, it went to $1.10 from 12cents!
    I think (but cant remember exactly), that there was a change of management and they wanted a new name and to go overseas for capital raisings.

8. daaussie

daaussie

cuv nearly at 75 cents, after 75 cents is gone, i think 80 cents will come into the picture very quickly

9. daaussie

daaussie

I am hoping an announcment comes soon.
    The CUV share price looks like it will have another good day before trading commences.

10. kennas

kennas Searching

Looks good daaussie. Why has it run so hard recently?

11. daaussie

daaussie

Wish I new, maybe their melanin (tanning product) has been contracted out? announcement to come up? fund manager interested?
    I think a lot of it is due to longer term investors buying in (like me) who realize that the gains to made off the cosmetic tanning and also as a therapy for people who do not tan at all are enormous!

12. daaussie

daaussie

yesterday finished on range of 76.5-78 cents.
    today looks like a good and consecutive gain for the stock again :)
    I hope it keeps going like this to $1-$2!

13. Disco Stu

Disco Stu

SP is still on a steady rise - up to 0.83 at the moment. It will be interesting to see if there will be a pull back shortly.

14. daaussie

daaussie

CUV is gold. I think we are looking at 90-95cents very soon, the stock is rising steadily and will be getting to $1 before long in my humble opinion!

There must be some really good news to come out of this.

15. G-Zilla

G-Zilla

16. daaussie

daaussie

nice, thanks for that!

17. daaussie

daaussie

CUV is well supported at 80 cents today.
    lets hope all the profit taking is finished after the 815 cent huge sell order is finished.

18. G-Zilla

G-Zilla

Hi guys, i no longer hold CUV but thought you would want to see the results of an email to the company asking if CUV1647 was being focused on clinical use:

(edited out names etc)

Thank you for your interest in Clinuvel. You are correct in your understanding that CUV1647 is not being developed for cosmetic application but is targeting pharmaceutical milestones. We seek to develop CUV1647 for patients worldwide affected by their adverse reactions to UV-radiation.

Clinuvel is currently conducting or preparing to conduct clinical trials for CUV1647 in the following UV-related disorders:

· Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) in organ transplant patients
    SCC is a malignant tumour of the skin, the second most common form of skin caner. SCC is caused by prolonged exposure to UV-radiation.

· Actinic Keratosis (AK) in organ transplant patients
    AK is a pre-cancerous skin growth usually caused by sun exposure.

· Polymorphic Light Eruption (PLE also known as PMLE)
    PMLE is a severe sun-poisoning following exposure to UV-radiation.

· Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP)
    EPP is a rare inherited porphyrin metabolism disorder (caused by a fault in iron synthesis) that affects between one in 200,000 people. This condition, also known as absolute sun intolerance

· Solar Urticaria (SU)
    SU is an acute anaphylactic reaction to sun.

Clinuvel is preparing to start further Phase II and III clinical trials in Australia, Europe and the United States and remains on target to complete these in 2009. Over the next few years and following the completion of the clinical development program, Clinuvel will be working closely with regulators to facilitate market approval of CUV1647.

Clinuvel

19. daaussie

daaussie

CUV has an announcement. They have been approved for phase III trials. As far as I was aware only 5% of Biotechs make it this far.
    Before market open, it looks like big investors are coming in. Maybe the announcement they were waiting for!
    CUV is gold in my opinion.

20. daaussie

daaussie