• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Customized stocks managed account

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by Hatemalaa, Nov 11, 2019.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Hatemalaa

Hatemalaa

Hi,

Is there any way I can have a managed account where I do select the stocks (portfolio) and ask experts to manage (buy/sell/invest) for me? If yes, any idea what does that "model" called? And who are the best - if possible - brokers/players in this?

2. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

People usually get involved in an MDA (Managed Discretionary Account) for the purpose of having the manager select the stocks for them.

If you want to select the stocks yourself, then you might as well buy and sell them yourself.

Is there a reason you would prefer someone else to manage a portfolio of stocks you have selected yourself?

Zaxon likes this.
  3. Hatemalaa

Hatemalaa

Thanks for your response.

The reasons 1) I'm not experienced in stock markets 2) Not sure when to enter/exit 3) the main reason is that I want a diversified stock but wanted to stay away from some industries. I checked the sector ETFs and seems okay to me yet I have been advised that investing in ETF sectors alone will not be a proper diversification for the portfolio.

So the options I have, either to run my filters on the industries/stocks, select ones, and ask someone to manager. Or invest in sectorial ETFs i.e. healthcare, property, infrastructure, and technology.

4. Hatemalaa

Hatemalaa

Quick 2 questions here:
    1) Do you know good reputable MDA provider in Australia? I only found BT and when I called them, they said they don't provide any managed services!
    2) What is the main difference between MDA and actively managed (mutual) fund?