Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSR - CSR Limited (1 Viewer)

Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Posts
100
Reactions
0
CSR time for a rise?

Stockbroker suggested to me CSR as having excellent long term prospects especially now with the price he thought to be rather low. What do you think of the current price?
 
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Posts
1,267
Reactions
0
Re: CSR time for a rise?

mista200 said:
Stockbroker suggested to me CSR as having excellent long term prospects especially now with the price he thought to be rather low. What do you think of the current price?
Fort a long term hold yes as their Aluminim division looks promising...one of the stocks with good dividends....Cheap ?,,but pretty safe..not one which will set the stock price on fire...so you must decide which upside you want...but good stock otherwise..one to park your money on.....but for swings better upside elsewhere
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
CSR are now being driven by the sugar price, having been held back by the same product for many years. Ethanol, is now one of the ways to reduce dependancy on the Middle-East, and CSR is now one of the leaders in the field.

So this laggard, that suffered the indignity of being thrown out of the ASX 50, are now hammering the door down to get back in.

More speculative now than since its mining days of the 1970's and 80's, CSR are now aiming for the top slot once again.

How times change, as most said " get rid of the sugar assets " and they nearly did. Now CSR are rapidly looking to expand sugar production and are heading for $5.00 a share.
 

michael_selway

Coal & Phosphate, thats it!
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
2,397
Reactions
1
noirua said:
CSR are now being driven by the sugar price, having been held back by the same product for many years. Ethanol, is now one of the ways to reduce dependancy on the Middle-East, and CSR is now one of the leaders in the field.

So this laggard, that suffered the indignity of being thrown out of the ASX 50, are now hammering the door down to get back in.

More speculative now than since its mining days of the 1970's and 80's, CSR are now aiming for the top slot once again.

How times change, as most said " get rid of the sugar assets " and they nearly did. Now CSR are rapidly looking to expand sugar production and are heading for $5.00 a share.

Yep, its getting more and more speculative now, nearly totally correlated with the Sugar Price, yet its only 15% of their business and Hedged?

http://www.aireview.com/index.php?act=view&catid=8&id=3416

How do u justify $5+ a share?

Earnings and Dividends Forecast (cents per share)
2005 2006 2007 2008
EPS 21.9 26.7 28.5 28.9
DPS 12.0 13.0 14.0 14.0

http://216.223.46.50/nybotlive-dela...idth=180&TableRuleColor=999999&BGColor=003466
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
How can I justify $5 for CSR?

Well, IMHO, it's a matter of the stock having been far too cheap in the first place, and we are in booming markets with speculators looking to jump on the next Jam tomorrow stock.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
The appointment of Mr Ian Glasson, as CEO of the " Ethanol Biofuel Operations " confims CSR's expansion plans. Sugar interests are close to 40% of CSR's trading and should quickly rise to 60%.

Hopefully the recent fall in the shareprice is only temporary and the Sugar/Ethanol plans will push CSR on to the next bull phase.
 

michael_selway

Coal & Phosphate, thats it!
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
2,397
Reactions
1
noirua said:
The appointment of Mr Ian Glasson, as CEO of the " Ethanol Biofuel Operations " confims CSR's expansion plans. Sugar interests are close to 40% of CSR's trading and should quickly rise to 60%.

Hopefully the recent fall in the shareprice is only temporary and the Sugar/Ethanol plans will push CSR on to the next bull phase.

Hi intersting, sugar 40% of business now? it used to be 15% not that long ago!

http://www.aireview.com/index.php?act=view&catid=8&id=3416

"Credit Suisse warns that although everything looks rosy – sugar is strong, aluminium is strong, and more property sales are on the cards – there’s a real danger in attempting to capitalise record commodity prices. The CSR share price is presently 95% correlated with the sugar price, yet sugar milling represents 15% of CSR’s business. CSR is very fortunate to have hit record prices at a time when building construction has waned"

on there it says 15%? maybe its changed since then?

Thanks

MS
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
Confidence should continue to grow as bioethanol increases in use. The UK announced yesterday that they plan to increase use to 5% and we know already that President Bush is pushing the States in the same direction. Hopefully CSR will push on for quite a number of years in the future.
 

michael_selway

Coal & Phosphate, thats it!
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
2,397
Reactions
1
noirua said:
Confidence should continue to grow as bioethanol increases in use. The UK announced yesterday that they plan to increase use to 5% and we know already that President Bush is pushing the States in the same direction. Hopefully CSR will push on for quite a number of years in the future.

CSR also have aluminium, not sure if that can continue to rise in the next few yrs as LME supplies are increasing?

lme-warehouse-aluminum-1y-Large.gif


although nymex is dropping in the last month

nymex-warehouse-aluminum-60d-Large.gif
 

Attachments

  • lme-warehouse-aluminum-1y-Large.gif
    lme-warehouse-aluminum-1y-Large.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • nymex-warehouse-aluminum-60d-Large.gif
    nymex-warehouse-aluminum-60d-Large.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
CSR are continuing their remarkable climb dragging the analysts in its wake. At $4.40 they may yet reach the $5.00 level on the back of its ethanol interests.
 

Fab

Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Posts
1,279
Reactions
0
"Yes indeed, bioethanol is one of the much needed fuels"

I agree with this statement too but CSR want done heavily today. Can anyone explain why ?
 

Fab

Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Posts
1,279
Reactions
0
price down again. Can anyone give me a reason why except maybe profit taking
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
Fab said:
price down again. Can anyone give me a reason why except maybe profit taking

Looking at the six monthly chart of CSR, provided by ASX, the movement is very much in line with the way the companies stock has traded over that period. The oil price remains within a few dollars of US$70 per barrel.
 

michael_selway

Coal & Phosphate, thats it!
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
2,397
Reactions
1
Fab said:
price down again. Can anyone give me a reason why except maybe profit taking

sugar5sx.jpg


CSR will only do well if sugar prices sky rocket

sugar prices will only sky rocket if Oil prices sky rocket, atm $US70 a barrel appaears to be a huge resistance for Oil, as US supplies increase

http://www.nybot.com (live sugar prices)

thx

MS
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Posts
172
Reactions
0
Having a cakeshop, the cost that I buy my sugar for is going up by 50% in the next week or two, think that will have some affect on CSR share price :)

finnsk
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Posts
10,429
Reactions
571
CSR will receive $93 million, after litigation costs, from some of the insurers of over the roof claims on asbestos. A further sum is expected if litigation is successful against Ace insurers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top