• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: CSL - CSL Limited

1. peter2

peter2

An outstanding break-out opportunity. It deserves to be posted here.

CSL0204.PNG

Ann and willy1111 like this.
  2. rcm617

rcm617

Keeps on powering on. Apparently there is a severe shortage of immunoglobulins which are being used more frequently and which is presumably pushing up prices. CSL is second worldwide by number of collection centres and growing faster than any other company with another 30 opened this year and 40 planned for FY20.

Knobby22 and Trav. like this.
  3. dutchie

dutchie

A great Australian success story. CSL is not afraid to borrow money (current low interest rates help) to grow the company. It has great revenue sources which will only grow. Its ROE is excellent (40+%).

sptrawler and tinhat like this.
  4. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Yes, however,

In 5 years time CSL will still be priced at 30 times earnings while CBA will still be at a much lower ratio probably 18.

The CSL capitilisation however will be double CBA. The power of compound growth is why investors are willing to pay more.

Sure we have BHP up there, A true blue chip though very cyclical. A survivor.

The banks, which are under subtle attack by companies like Apple and Google as well as the fintechs.

Wesfarmers- a conglomerate, so will pass that as a blue chip.

Telstra, Woolworths. Nuff said.

We don't have much that is world competing, dynamic, growing strongly.
    We need, as a nation, some world leaders.

sptrawler and qldfrog like this.
  5. Dona Ferentes

Dona Ferentes

CSL shares closed at $338.68, retreating from an intra-day high of $342.75 and, at one point, 8.05 per cent of the benchmark index, unseating Commonwealth Bank at 8.03 per cent and 5.9 per cent for BHP Billiton. The miner boasts the largest overall valuation of any listed Australian company, but its shares are dual listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Trav. and Knobby22 like this.
  6. Dona Ferentes

Dona Ferentes

While CSL's Seqirus division manufactures flu vaccines, it has not been directly engaged in the search for a coronavirus vaccine and the conditions are quite different.

Instead, the company has donated some of its proprietary technology to the team at the University of Queensland working on a COVID-19 vaccine.

Trav. and Knobby22 like this.
  7. Tumbarumba

Tumbarumba

CSL is getting more involved now.Latest press release states,
    Coronavirus is quite different to influenza virus so is not a core area of focus for CSL. On saying that, given the mounting public health issue this has become, we are investigating what adjacencies in expertise, technologies and facilities we might contribute as a collaborator to the global effort.
    CSL already has 30% of the flu vaccine market. SP oversold during recent market panic.

Trav. and Dona Ferentes like this.
  8. Quant

Quant

CSL is one of those companies I never get right , amazing growth profile . at $145 would be trading at 30 times 2018 . One day the growth runs out and the 30% gap down comes , timing that the hard part . Given it earns a lot of USD a stronger AUD would be a negative . " If" I held id book at 145 and never look back . Got to say it does look extended right here though , technically and fundamentally . Its a massive part of indexation so its one of these auto buys atm though , I'm not game to short it ... YET . $145 maybe for the bump and run

ScreenShot3192.jpg

ScreenShot3191.jpg

rcm617 likes this.
  9. peter2

peter2

If you haven't already guessed then I'll mention that I'm going through my ASX200 watch list.

Here's one I've missed.
    1. Strong weekly trend UP.
    2. Pull-back with market dip, but price doesn't go back to prior BO level or the fib buy zone I've placed on the chart (box). What does this indicate? Few sellers, keen buyers.
    3. BO-NH and it's off to new all time highs.

csl2704.PNG

debtfree likes this.
  10. Ann

Ann

CSL has really pulled back hard with this current correction. Is it now a buying oportunity or will it still see further falls? Perhaps its run was a bit too fast over the last year and the reason for such a massive correction was all the new people in at the top were the first out? Don't know, just saying.

Anyway, here is a chart. I can see support at around the $168-$170 level, if this fails then perhaps the next support may be $150. Any lower than this would have to be a fire sale.

csl oct 2018.png

Trav. likes this.
  11. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

Capture.PNG
    The latest dividend

Knobby22 likes this.