Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Seems like a good acquistion by EXE today, potential for great gas opportunities. Only just an emerging company, anyone else have an interest or have been followig this company?

Went up from .03 to .105 this morning now hovering around .085

Thanks for any input
Marc

Reaction score
Re: EXE - Exoma Energy

Hi all,

Just a question in regards to Queensland government as I am pretty new to the mining industry, but how long does it usually take for government approval of a project like the one EXE just got? I have been watching (and holding) since 6.6c and it closed at 12.5c yesterday but the news from friday said it acquired the project pending govt approval and shareholders approval. Now i believe the shareholder approval is no problem, it's just the QLD govt I'm afraid of. Any opinions?

thanks
Marc

Reaction score

This one is being thoroughly ignored by many.

Today's announcement: Completion of Queensland Gas Project Due Diligence

Next step is JV announcement.

Company is about to be back doored into an area which has produced some very promising CSG fields.

Market Cap @ 15m, 79m shares on issue.
About to take some dilution but is picking up a great prospect.

FWIW i'm in at 20c.

Reaction score

I have been looking at EXE recently and see that it is in the process of being granted 5 permits in the prospective Galilee Basin in Qld. Its permit cover over 26,000km². I also note that there is a lot of CSG activity here and that the players include AGL & Origin Energy. It seems to me that EXE is worth a punt. Any thoughts about this???

Reaction score

Anybody know what the story is with this capital raising? Another W.A blue sky project or is it a dinkum play at becoming a C.S.G producer

Reaction score

A well respected person in the ASF put me on to this.....

I took a look night before last and really liked what i see.....

Purchased yesterday and my volumes accidentally triggered a price spike of 30%, as i had to take several parcels to get the volume i wanted, so promptly sold half my holdings and now have an average buy in price of 17c which is very nice indeed....especially so quick...

Massive acerage prospects in the Galillee basin alongside exisitng huge TCF finds from AGL, BLU etc....... a very significnat coal seam gas region with pipeline and infrastructure developing all over the place....

Latest updat from company sights highlights as :
HIGHLIGHTS
• Exoma actively working to secure farm-in partner for Galilee Gas Project.
• Drilling expected to start in Q2 2010. Early success is likely to attract additional farm-in interest.
• According to analysis by Strahan Corporate (“Strachan”)1, pure CSG gas activities tend to attract a market capitalisation of approximately A$0.40/Mcf of 3P gas reserves.
• At current <$50M market cap, Exoma has strong leverage to success and is likely to attract market re-rating if 3P gas reserves are established2.
• Strachan’s analysis estimates that if Exoma attracted A$0.10/Mcf of contingent, 3C gas it would have a target value of A$200M2.

Using that analysis, possible near term upside is 400% or sp of approx 0.90 to 1.10 if it can establish its 2P reserves as state above .... this is a company guestimate not mine.....

It has quarterly expenses of approx 260K and cash reserves of $3M so got a bit of time on its side to find major gas before putting its hand out....Should see around 1.5 - 2 years of exploration before wanting capital, unless of course they find something major...

EXE holds massive tracts of land in key locations and is looking for farm ins from AGL and other major gas players, who are very active in the region,.....some of AGL et existing finds almost immediately ajoin EXE acerage........ and most if not all exploration and development would be funded by the farm in partner....

Id guestimate EXE to retain 25-40% of each holding as the farmi is done depending on anticipated costs and targets....EXE will want to retain more but AGL will drive a hard bargain so this is worst case scenario....EXE does have its own drilling program funded for Q2 2010

EXE has a market cap of $45 M or so at present....

One would have to say lots of potential......huge risks if they get no farm in partners or have no finds, which is unlikely but possible......but big upside if all goes well in my amatuer opinion

Definetly DYOR and always seek expert advice.....

Reaction score

A well respected person in the ASF put me on to this.....

I took a look night before last and really liked what i see.....

Purchased yesterday and my volumes accidentally triggered a price spike of 30%, as i had to take several parcels to get the volume i wanted, so promptly sold half my holdings and now have an average buy in price of 17c which is very nice indeed....especially so quick...

Massive acerage prospects in the Galillee basin alongside exisitng huge TCF finds from AGL, BLU etc....... a very significnat coal seam gas region with pipeline and infrastructure developing all over the place....

Latest updat from company sights highlights as :

Using that analysis, possible near term upside is 400% or sp of approx 0.90 to 1.10 if it can establish its 2P reserves as state above .... this is a company guestimate not mine.....

It has quarterly expenses of approx 260K and cash reserves of $3M so got a bit of time on its side to find major gas before putting its hand out....Should see around 1.5 - 2 years of exploration before wanting capital, unless of course they find something major...

EXE holds massive tracts of land in key locations and is looking for farm ins from AGL and other major gas players, who are very active in the region,.....some of AGL et existing finds almost immediately ajoin EXE acerage........ and most if not all exploration and development would be funded by the farm in partner....

Id guestimate EXE to retain 25-40% of each holding as the farmi is done depending on anticipated costs and targets....EXE will want to retain more but AGL will drive a hard bargain so this is worst case scenario....EXE does have its own drilling program funded for Q2 2010

EXE has a market cap of $45 M or so at present....

One would have to say lots of potential......huge risks if they get no farm in partners or have no finds, which is unlikely but possible......but big upside if all goes well in my amatuer opinion

Definetly DYOR and always seek expert advice.....

Good stuff Condog.
You were right on the money.
Good luck and thanks for the research.
Disclaimer : DNH

Reaction score

EXE ATP's shown in Blue
EXE Galilee ATP.jpg

The Company’s tenements adjoin Galilee Energy’s ATP 529P where AGL is developing a CSG pilot production test facility following the drilling of five wells. AGL are farming into the tenement for a commitment of $37 million.

Origin also owns interests ans is expanding in the Galilee basin
In the Galilee Basin, Origin is now the 100% titleholder for ATP 666P and ATP 667P comprising a total of 10,920 sq km and is awaiting approval of the transfer of a 100% interest in ATP 668P comprising 7,874 sq km

Origin has over 18000km² in Galilee, EXE has 26000+km², AGL is IMO well and trul under -represented with only 5959km² TTBOMK. and IMO EXE would be the logical target...
From Easterncorps report....
ATP-529P - AGL Operator
You will be aware, AGL are funding the activity in this block to end 2010 as part of their farm-in. As part of the first phase of this farm-in, they drilled five wells at Glenaras last year for a CSG pilot production test. The commencement of the test is dependent on the completion of water handling facilities, in particular the water holding pond the construction of which is under way and is expected to be finished in November.
Two of the pilot wells are already completed with downhole pumps ready for testing. The completion of the other three wells, to make them suitable for production testing, is scheduled for November, allowing for the testing to commence later in November. The test program is anticipated to last six months.

Phase 2 of the AGL farm-in (originally scheduled for 2010) has also commenced, notably before Phase 1 has been completed. A 540 km seismic program has already begun. A drilling program of seven core holes is planned to commence the last week of September and continue into early
next year.
The level of activity we are now seeing in our two blocks is very exciting and we look forward to the results becoming later this year through to mid next year.

AGL have CSG listed in both there Strategic and Operational Goals as
Strategic - Post balance date: Torrens Energy Geothermal alliance, Galilee CSG pilot & exploration, Allco wind farm development portfolio
Operational - Gas & Power Development:
› CSG investments and operations contribution growing exploration

AGL then goes on in page 30 of its annual report to state " its essentially a CSG strategy for building upstream supplies
Upstream Gas: › Direct ownership of ~2,000 PJ (2P) over the medium term
› Essentially CSG strategy
Disciplined decision around trade-off between acquiring gas and EPS impacts
› Will continue to contract if achieves superior outcome

On page 32 its specifically states the galilee basin as part of tis upstream supply
Investment in CSG production pilot and exploration and appraisal program in Central Queensland Galilee Basin. Farm in agreement over two stages to acquire 50% interest in exploration tenement ATP529P
They have started , the second stage was accelerated...

Reaction score

EXE slipped 10% today on a Appendix3b i gather and over all bearish conditions

So I took the opportunity to grab some more at a discount...

Board is actively looking for JV , farm out..... One would think / hope soon they may make some progress along these lines.....

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reaction score

Board is actively looking for JV , farm out..... One would think / hope soon they may make some progress along these lines.....

That is it. They are the laggards in the CSG game with low exploration funds and no defined map for progressing their apparent large tenements. When does the 4th quarter 2009 drilling campaign begin?

Reaction score

I hear what you say, but they only acquired Longreach in late Oct....1/3 Dec is xmas and 1/3 jan till things get back in swing..... so I have no concerns of this as a problem yet...

There where board changes and a change in attitude displayed since the Longreach Acqusition....which is exactly the type of change i like to see...

The progress report 22 Dec makes it very clear that farm in negotiations are planned and happening... Drilling is staring Q2 2010.....At this stage all resource should be pointed in the direction of farm in....and continueing to prepare for drilling will provide and easy tuck in for a big player...

Given the CSG initiatives and desperation by energy companies to secure some large gas plays, or at least access to them prior to any introduction of trading scheme...the industry is and will be littered with farm ins, acquisitions, JV's etc ...... so id be expecting action sooner rather then later....

Exoma is sitting there like a prime target, with low market cap and high upside potential, especially for an existing Galilee player....

Reaction score

Clive Palmer and the QLD govt today announced they are planning the biggest coal mine in the wolrd for the Galilee basin... this should hopefully provide some upward pressure in lease values and land assets in the area....making EXE significant acerage more sought after.... at some point...

PErhaps EXE could shift focus and negotiate Clive as part of the farm in... go for caol, not gas...???

Reaction score

Clive Palmer and the QLD govt today announced they are planning the biggest coal mine in the wolrd for the Galilee basin... this should hopefully provide some upward pressure in lease values and land assets in the area....making EXE significant acerage more sought after.... at some point...

PErhaps EXE could shift focus and negotiate Clive as part of the farm in... go for caol, not gas...???

G'day Condog , for some reason I have in the back of my mind that Arrow Energy have the Gas Leases on the land at Alpha where Minerology ( Ex Waratah Coal ) are going to build this massive coal mine. ( if anyone else can confirm this , please let me know ) EXE have leases fairly close to the Alpha project. The magnitude of the Alpha project is hard to comprehend, it is huge , with a lot of potential for other companies in the general area.

The infrastructure that will be created by this project will bring significant advantages to the likes of EXE.

EXE has a very exciting future if their first few wells show promise.

I travel a fair bit in the Bowen Basin Region, and the future is upbeat in the coal and CSG segment. The Pacific National derailment near Neerkol was not a pretty sight the other day. A lot of dollars worth of coal sitting on the ground. Imagine how much CSG that was vented / not captured during the mining process!

Interesting times ahead for the CSG market in Queensland!

Regards
bazollie

I know that there is considerable amounts of Methane Gas vented to general atmosphere by a number of coal mines.

Reaction score

To my knowledge EXE own none of the land earmarked for the Coal mine... however such a huge mine in an area that was already under huge leasing pressure for CSG, amounts to one thing....... upward pressure on lease prices and increase in asset prices for those already holding them....eg: EXE....

If they prove to be commercial that is...

Reaction score

Not a lot of talk about EXE at the moment. Their S.P. has appreciated very well of late and the last announcement, has generated a bit more interest in them.

An interesting Conference will be held in Brisbane next week. It is the Inaugural Shale Gas Briefing. Informa Australia Pty. Ltd. are the organisers of this 2 day event. Companies such as Adelaide Energy , Central Petroleum, Icon Energy and Beach Energy will be in attendance.

There are a number of U.S. guest speakers as well as workshops on Fraccing, Horizontal wells , permeability etc.

EXE has a huge area with gas bearing shale potential at reasonably shallow depths ( unlike the deep wells in the U.S. e.g. Eagleford )

It would be interesting to note if EXE have any staff attending, given that they now have an Office in Brisbane.

Perhaps this event may generate even more interest in small cap Shale Gas companies such as EXE??

Still holding EXE

Regards
bazollie

Lucky_Country

Formerly known as ijh
Reaction score

Seems like EXE are on the cusp of big things.

They have a huge landholding in a CSG and Shale Gas area recent appointments to the management team have been excellent for the structure.

Q2 drilling will be very closely watched and may determine the quality of farmin partner this area attracts.

Cant seem many negatives here.

Lucky_Country

Formerly known as ijh
Reaction score

This could be a last opportunity to get a stake in EXE at these levels.

I remember the prices paid for AOE and QGC one would expect EXE has at least as much CSG plus SG as these two companies.

Going to be a good ride imo.

Lucky_Country

Formerly known as ijh
Reaction score

China giant tips $78m into coal seam gas minnow Exoma

* Michael Sainsbury, China correspondent
* December 09, 2010 12:00AM

CHINA is stepping up its bid for a large slice of Australia's gas reserves.

Queensland exploration minnow Exoma will receive a $78 million investment by one of China's three energy behemoths, China National Offshore Oil Corporation.

The deal is CNOOC's first offshore investment in coal seam gas exploration and is part of a multi-trillion dollar project by China's big three state-owned energy groups to secure supplies and resources to feed its urbanising and increasingly wealthy population.

If drilling over the next three years is successful, the result could be a $12 billion infrastructure project that links a new pipeline to an export gas terminal at Abbot Point, about 150km south of Townsville.

"We have been in talks with CNOOC for the past 13 months," Exoma chairman Brian Barker said in Beijing yesterday.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"This deal brings us not just expertise but access to markets."

Exoma was keen to do this a "bit differently from other juniors" by securing a deal with a Chinese company at an early stage after rebuffing a number of big US energy companies, Mr Barker said.

If the project went to plan. China would provide "a lot" of the funding.

CNOOC, China's biggest offshore energy company, will take a 50 per cent interest in a joint venture on all five of Exoma's large central Queensland tenements, as well as an option to buy 19.9 per cent of Exoma -- which is expected to be completed after government approvals -- for a further $28m.

The assets are in Central Queensland's Galilee basin around the town of Longreach, which is believed to hold the largest untapped coal seam gas and shale gas deposit in Australia.

Other companies, including AGL, Blue Energy and ConocoPhillips are also exploring in the region.

Mr Barker said there was a gas deposit of about 100 trillion cubic feet and that about 9-10tcf would be needed for a full commercial project.

"The only thing we have to do is to find out is we can get it out commercially," he said. This would involved drilling 50-100 wells over the next few years.

The deal was triggered by China's desire to deliver more of its energy through clean fuel and technology, and was the latest in a spate of deals by the country's energy majors in the sector.

CNOOC has joined Petrochina -- which has inked two deals in Queensland's gas-rich coalfields -- in tapping into the race for coal seam gas, and Sinopec has said it was planning its own deals in Australia.

It is CNOOC's third Australian gas deal this year, after a wait of more than eight years since buying a 5.3 per cent interest in the North West Shelf.

In March the company agreed to spend as much as $60bn buying 3.6 million metric tons of LNG a year from BG's proposed export terminal at Gladstone over 20 years, as well as a 5 per cent interest in its assets.

It has also entered a joint venture in Australia with Altona Energy to exploit the Arckaringa coal project in South Australia.

Reaction score

Anyone got insight as to why the sp keeps on falling? I also hold Aut, Eka and Sea and hope Exe to come on par, any thoughts