Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Company results and expectations

Reactions
I know price does not always move as I would expect, based on annual reports. It seems brokers' and analysts' expectations largely influence the direction and momentum of a stock price following reporting. What is a reliable source for expectations?

I had trusted Tradingview, but unless I am missing something, the numbers quoted by Tradingview don't make sense. Today I compared Tradingview and company reports for AKE and PLS.

AKE (Allkem) as an example
Trading view shows earnings as 0.671 and revenue as 924.925m
AKE annual report shows earnings US$ 1,207,801m and diluted earnings per share (EPS) US cents 69.43 (Basic EPS us cents 69.82)

DrBourse

If you don't Ask, you don't Get.
Reactions
I know price does not always move as I would expect, based on annual reports. It seems brokers' and analysts' expectations largely influence the direction and momentum of a stock price following reporting. What is a reliable source for expectations?

I had trusted Tradingview, but unless I am missing something, the numbers quoted by Tradingview don't make sense. Today I compared Tradingview and company reports for AKE and PLS.

AKE (Allkem) as an example
Trading view shows earnings as 0.671 and revenue as 924.925m
AKE annual report shows earnings US$ 1,207,801m and diluted earnings per share (EPS) US cents 69.43 (Basic EPS us cents 69.82)
Hi Bourseboy.....
Suggest that you have a look at my forums - DrBourse General Help For Beginners, AND DrBourse FA Help For Beginners - Lots of references to you Q in there, maybe search both of those forums for "Guesstimates""
Cheers..