• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CommSec Fees

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by Emine, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Emine

Emine

Are fees below when you sell your shares so that means if you want to sell over $25,000 and above it will cost x0.12%? Which is $3000 of fees? Isn’t that really high? So that means if you want to avoid the high fee you have to make sure you don’t profit more than $25000?

“Trade online and settle your trade to a CDIA or CommSec Margin Loan:
    $10.00 (Up to and including $1,000)

$19.95 (Over $1,000 up to $10,000 (inclusive))

$29.95 (Over $10,000 up to $25,000 (inclusive))

0.12% (Over $25,000)

Also, how do you see a list of details In your commsec account that shows how much brokerage fees they charged you etc..

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. boofhead

boofhead

I think you got your calculation wrong. 1% is 0.01. 0.12% is 0.0012 so $30 for $25k

barney and qldfrog like this.
  3. Emine

Emine

Oh ok, thank you

4. barney

barney

Yep:)

Click the "Trading" tab near the top of the page … then Confirmations. Brokerage will be listed.
    commsec trade confirm.jpg

5. Emine

Emine

Oh I see, I have to log into the browser.. cause I use the app and there’s no option for that. Thanks for your help! :)

6. barney

barney

No worries. I don't use the phone app. but it seems unusual there would be no access to your trade confirmations/brokerage fees etc. Maybe under a Portfolio tab or Tools or Statements tab??

The above would be "post" trade of course …… When you are placing a trade, the fees involved should be listed on that same page. Someone else might confirm?? Cheers.

7. cutz

cutz

I don't normally use the app, I don't like it but I did a test order and I can confirm it shows fees in the preview screen.

barney likes this.
  8. Emine

Emine

Sorry I meant I know you can see the fees when you sell or buy the shares, but where can I see the record of the fees afterwards?

9. cutz

cutz

Hi.

There's not much on the app, you'll get a contract note with all the details emailed to you when the trade executes, or refer to the website per Barney's reply post #4.

Regards.