Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Commitment of Traders Report?

Reactions
Is there a Commitment of Traders report for Australian Stocks available?
If so, where can I find it?

Thanks

Ann

Reactions

Thanks
G'day simon_pies

There is no COT chart for Aussie stocks. I think the only thing Australian on the COT charts is the Aussie Dollar.
The COT charts are for futures trading of commodities, currencies, Indices and US bonds. You can read more about it here...

U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION

Reactions
G'day simon_pies

There is no COT chart for Aussie stocks. I think the only thing Australian on the COT charts is the Aussie Dollar.
The COT charts are for futures trading of commodities, currencies, Indices and US bonds. You can read more about it here...

U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION
Thanks very much, that's really cleared this up for me! As suspected there was none for equities as well so not its official.

Again, thanks for your help.

Reactions: Ann
Reactions
Thanks very much, that's really cleared this up for me! As suspected there was none for equities as well so not its official.

Again, thanks for your help.
For equities you can look up the spread of buy and sell orders by value and quantum for any stock you want to trade.
These data are in real time, but let you see whether the pressure is on the buying or selling side.
It's particularly useful if you are not in a hurry to trade and want to establish a specific price target with some likelihood that it will be reached during the day.

Reactions
Thanks for that! This is actually quiet useful. I've seen this feature on charts before, especially on crypto trading portals so I'll probably start paying more attention to it in the future.

Joules MM1

....everything has an art
Reactions

Thanks
money flows can represent intent and type of liquidity flowing in or out of a local stock, convergent or divergent

consider 13 week TMF to give an insight into deep pockets and 21 day TMF to represent very short term or retail pockets

https://www.incrediblecharts.com/stock_screener/stock_screen_twiggs-money-flow.php
https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/6/509843.html

free to download, treat it with skepticism in how youre likely to interpret the signal
better than a generic money flow signal

it's a filter