• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Commitment of Traders Report?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by simon_pies, May 5, 2019.

1. simon_pies

simon_pies

Is there a Commitment of Traders report for Australian Stocks available?
    If so, where can I find it?

Thanks

2. Ann

Ann

G'day simon_pies

There is no COT chart for Aussie stocks. I think the only thing Australian on the COT charts is the Aussie Dollar.
    The COT charts are for futures trading of commodities, currencies, Indices and US bonds. You can read more about it here...

U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION

simon_pies likes this.
  3. simon_pies

simon_pies

Thanks very much, that's really cleared this up for me! As suspected there was none for equities as well so not its official.

Again, thanks for your help.

Ann likes this.
  4. rederob

rederob

For equities you can look up the spread of buy and sell orders by value and quantum for any stock you want to trade.
    These data are in real time, but let you see whether the pressure is on the buying or selling side.
    It's particularly useful if you are not in a hurry to trade and want to establish a specific price target with some likelihood that it will be reached during the day.

simon_pies likes this.
  5. simon_pies

simon_pies

Thanks for that! This is actually quiet useful. I've seen this feature on charts before, especially on crypto trading portals so I'll probably start paying more attention to it in the future.

6. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

money flows can represent intent and type of liquidity flowing in or out of a local stock, convergent or divergent

consider 13 week TMF to give an insight into deep pockets and 21 day TMF to represent very short term or retail pockets

https://www.incrediblecharts.com/stock_screener/stock_screen_twiggs-money-flow.php
    https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/6/509843.html

free to download, treat it with skepticism in how youre likely to interpret the signal
    better than a generic money flow signal

it's a filter