Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Coal and its potential

Reactions
Is there nothing but upside on the future of coal?

As the world stocks reduce will its price not increase? A well managed cost effective company would therefore surely capitalise on this in the future.

All thoughts on the future of coal welcome.

Nyden

G.E. Money Genie
Reactions
Is there nothing but upside on the future of coal?

As the world stocks reduce will its price not increase? A well managed cost effective company would therefore surely capitalise on this in the future.

All thoughts on the future of coal welcome.
First, this thread belongs over here https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Secondly, I don't think there's nothing but upside. Coal is a pollutant, I can see a desire to move away from any polluting source of energy, & moving into greener sources.

Reactions
Always need coking coal for steel mills.
You can have a look at LNC, pretty good future there.

Reactions
is coal seam gas as good as coking coal in terms of increasing commodity price?

looking at a company called Arrow - AOE?

Reactions

Coal seam gas is in practice the same as natural gas from oil/gas fields. Same in a chemical sense (CH4) and same in terms of its value as an energy source.

Only thing it lacks is that it doesn't have the liquids content (propane, butane, ethane, condensate) that gas from a conventional gas field typically contains. Those liquids are normally extracted (less common with ethane) for separate marketing and statistically are included as "oil" not "gas".

One liquid that coal seam does produce is water (usually). Depending on the location, this is either a nuisance or a valuable commodity in its own right. It's real water just like rain or from a river thus useful for agriculture, industry etc.

Reactions
Coal seam gas is in practice the same as natural gas from oil/gas fields. Same in a chemical sense (CH4) and same in terms of its value as an energy source.

Only thing it lacks is that it doesn't have the liquids content (propane, butane, ethane, condensate) that gas from a conventional gas field typically contains. Those liquids are normally extracted (less common with ethane) for separate marketing and statistically are included as "oil" not "gas".

One liquid that coal seam does produce is water (usually). Depending on the location, this is either a nuisance or a valuable commodity in its own right. It's real water just like rain or from a river thus useful for agriculture, industry etc.
thanks

was very insightful read

Reactions

Your guess is as good as mine.
I looked at AOE and LNC but I decided to go with LNC as they are a bit more advanced on the coal GTL than any other company in the world.
If you look at AOE's past announcements there should be information on the price structure.

Reactions

Have a look at the AOE thread i think the upside of the for Arrow offers large longer term gains with some great projects on their books, I have read some great articles on LNG and the potential growth prospects try googling it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Thermal Coal in perspective, and Adani Commodities 1
System 3GC - 3G Coal Stocks 0-H 0
basilio Buying out the US Coal industry General Chat 0
System UND - U&D Coal Stocks Q-Z 1