• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

China Best Bet, USA Stuffed

Discussion in 'Business, Investment and Economics' started by Garpal Gumnut, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

I have recently rejigged my portfolio to Chinese friendly stocks and away from the wanton small hand movements of the USA, which though providing temporary pleasure, inevitably lead to Repetitive Strain, and who can afford a reliable doctor these days.

I digress and apologise.

Thus I have sold all the banks and am heavy in to Materials and Material Sensitive stocks.

Trump will bring on a banking crisis and I would not be surprised to again pick up ANZ at $14. China will continue to build and expand and perhaps draw India in to our Resources as what is good for the piper is good for the soul.

Just my politico-economic view as a long term cynic.

Plough in to the banks at your own risk. I'm in to the big 3, RIO, BHP and FMG.

gg

PZ99 likes this.
  2. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Agree.

Did the same thing some time ago... in addition to rejigging a large portion of my super to cash.

Also noticed the OZ Future Fund has taken a similar path. 20% cash - their largest allocation.

3. sptrawler

sptrawler

The problem I have with shorting the banks, is they are very integral to Australia's economy, if our economy or population grow our banks grow.
    The four pillars banking system is integral to our financial stability, the resources sector is dependent on how the big miners feel at this point in time, as is shown by Brendon Grylls. lol

4. sptrawler

sptrawler

20% cash, that's brave, i'm 40% cash.lol

5. sptrawler

sptrawler

I have great respect for your posts Garpal, i just can't see how the USA is going to tank our banks, other than increased funding costs.
    If the USA goes protectionism, their costs will increase.
    Therefore their prices will increase, therefore their exports will decrease, therefore their plants will shut down.
    i don't think Trump has thought through the issues, yet.

But as usual, a great thread Garpal.