• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CGT from company/hedge fund

Discussion in 'International Markets' started by satriani1, Dec 19, 2014.

1. satriani1

satriani1

Hello,

I plan to move to Australia in 2015. I have a few questions
    -> As a AU resident can i open company in New Zealand and invest money from there in world stock exchange (including ASX) without paying CGT and dividend tax (dividend from company which I invest in)?
    -> If i want to start the investment company in Australia - should I pay 30% tax from all capital gain ? Is there any way to reduce the tax?
    -> What are the positive sites of starting a hedge fund in Australia? Can i reduce tax in this way ?
    -> Is there a lot of hedge funds in Australia ?

Best Regards,
    satriani

2. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

Re: CGT from company / hedge fund

Hi Satriani,
    You better ask a seasoned Tax Lawyer these questions, not an anonymous forum contributor.
    If I (or anyone here) had the intricate knowledge to advise on tax minimisation of the kind you're after, I'd rather offer my services to the James Packers of this world, charging obscene fees for the necessary research.

3. satriani1

satriani1

I think this is the basic knowledge for people who live in Australia.
    So i still waitting for some anserws.

4. satriani1

satriani1

CGT from company/hedge fund in Australia

Hello,

I plan to move to Australia in 2015. I have a few questions:
    -> As a AU resident can i open company in New Zealand and invest money from there in world stock exchange (including ASX) without paying CGT and dividend tax (dividend from company which I invest in)?
    -> If i want to start the investment company in Australia - should I pay 30% tax from all capital gain ? Is there any way to reduce the tax?
    -> If my dad (not-resident) open a company in AU and hire me as a CEO, the company will need to pay CGT from abroad investment ?
    -> What are the positive sites of starting a hedge fund in Australia? Can i reduce tax in this way ?
    -> Is there a lot of hedge funds in Australia ?
    -> If i invest as a individual investor in foreign market (like USA or Poland) and i hold it for more then 12 months, do i have 50% discount of CGT ?

Thanks

Best Regards,
    satriani