• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CFD shares vs. shares

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by grah33, May 6, 2015.

1. grah33

grah33

Hi
    I'm exploring the possibility of trading US shares through cfds and i'm wondering if that is not a good thing for a beginner. a broker of interest to me does asx shares, but to get US shares you have to do it through cfds. is that inadvisable -trading US shares through cfds - for someone interested in doing short term trading?
    thanks

2. Triathlete

Triathlete Keep it Simple..!

If you are only a beginner I would stay away from CFDS until you have at least 12 to 24 months experience and also that you have proven to yourself that you are successful at trading short term with your current trading.
    My opinion only though.

3. christianrenel

christianrenel

I agree with the above post, you will need some experience trading shares before moving into trading CFD. trading CFD is a different ball game than trading shares, with the leverage positions and the long and short side.

Kind Regards

Christianrenel

4. grah33

grah33

i'm only considering trading them as i may trade US shares later(for a while i've been curious about that), but cmc only allows you to do that through CFDs. That's why I ask. it wont really matter right whether i trade US shares via CFDs? i ask as if it' s a bad bet then i might be better of focussing more on learning the IB platform (they do US shares the normal way). the asx seems flat compared to the US market, and maybe that is the way to go.anyway, i'm still a beginner so can't jump too far ahead of myself.
    (beginner)